Then with a swipe of your finger left of right, you get a smooth scrolling panoramic view. Had three attempts to Smokies data dropped each at about 70%. I really like the Camera and Image modes, but it's a shame they don't work without a gyroscope sensor. PeakFinder knows more than 800'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner. I always wanted to know what mountains are around me when hiking and oeakfinder has all the information I want. However, when I for a product I expect it to be 100% functional, which is not the case. Congratulations! Monitor changes of PeakFinder rating. Some of the easily visible peaks surrounding Carson Valley, Nevada, USA are not shown. Same result. its a awsome app! Can't even find for it - it's missing. PeakFinder’s massive library of virtual peaks makes peak identification as easy as tapping your finger. They are: It would be nearly impossible to list every peak out there, but PeakFinder manages to capture the majority of major peaks. the application apparently downloaded data multiple times when mobile data was slow. Share. Zooming in seems to support hold it named. Bug disappointment. Well created and a lot if fun! PeakFinder knows more than 650'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner. would be useful to have the overlay corrections persist. Use our product reviews finder and generate tons of ratings & opinions on any item, shop product or service. Once it seemed to obtain my zone a bit off, showing peaks from an incorrect angle, though it corrected after a bit. It’s arranged slightly differently than the apps, but offers a very similar product. Check all peakfinder reviews below or publish your opinion. A amazing application when out walking. I love the altitude and distance features and was so suprised when I found that even some of the little hills around where I live had been added. I particularly appreciate the user ratings and difficulty level listed on the trail thumbnails, along with the filtering option. It’s the perfect addition to other great backcountry apps like Topo Maps, Google Earth, or GaiaGPS. It also puts the peak names on images I take with the app. It is constantly showing the wrong mountain. Useful review? PeakFinder App v3.6 (de) Fabio Soldati. You can also zoom in on satellite images to find the view from just about anywhere. So far I have not been able to use the 'search by peak name' feature and I've witnessed too a lot of crashes while using the app. Now they have downloaded it on their own phones. V 4.1.2. size. ARGH. I gave up on third try. It’s amazing what you can actually see when you know what you’re looking at. Huron Peak is 14,003 not 13,950. ... PeakLens mobile application review - Duration: 2:28. Today we went hiking and I used this to identify surrounding mountains. hi, this application is very helpful. PeakVisor provides not only information about a peak name and its elevation but a wide variety of additional information: topographic prominence, short description, mountain range, administrative entities, linked Wikipedia articles and photos. AR mode works great, too. Plus, a set of “digital binoculars” allow you to zoom in on distance peaks for a better view. The detail is also great. PeakFinder shows from any location the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° panoramic mountain view. ____________________________________________. It’s cheap and PeakFinder consistently gets high ranks and reviews pretty much everywhere. 0. The PeakFinder app actually comes with four different versions covering different areas of the world. This functions completely offline - and worldwide! Application works amazing but with one exception: tool correcting field of view has too little range to adjust view for camera in my tablet making augmented reality almost useless. In front of my house, direct visibility, stands the highest peak around, ~3,300m, yet the Application randomly removes it from the list of visible peaks. Had no issues but now I don't have the panoramic view anymore wth??? The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. I always wondered what foothills I looking at and never bothered or remembered to obtain out the topographic maps when I got home. I have updated/reinstalled...same result. The app is the epitome of user-friendly. What a unbelievable idea for an app. Very handy tool to obtain the names of hills and mountains. App review by . Cannot leave without ! It might name peaks; but, certainly does not locate them. Name. App Review: PeakFinder The PeakFinder app is the perfect addition to any mountain buff’s smartphone. PeakFinder [App] 2019-12-5 13:0. It was the winner of several awards—like “Best of the App Store” and “App of the Week”—and it has been highly recommended by NationalGeographic.com. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. The augmented reality feature is a small wonky and sluggish, but the functionality of the application is amazing overall. as of now, you have to redo them every time you enter the app. SUPER!!! Using it in Fresh Mexico, it does a fabulous job of identifying peaks. Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! for near peaks to the East, Best in the mountains. Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! very amazing app. I've had this application for a couple of years and search that it's getting better and better, and more and more accurate. However there are so a lot of renowned peaks (many of these are now historical forts) of Sahyadri mountain range around Mumbai, Pune, Nashik region which are not recognized in this app. PeakFinder Earth is an unique mobile application that is tailored to provide users with verified names of various mountain peaks. There's a bit of a learning curve, but the online manual is excellent. Very well thought out, simple to setup, only flaw is it uses metric measurements. how to Review Uncategorized App Review: PeakFinder AR Posted on June 6, 2019. PeakFinder reviews, ASO score & analysis on Google Store, Android. Many thanks. A lot of thanks to the developer. Ever wonder what the name of a certain mountain is, just not sure how to identify it? This application is quite superb! hard to calibrate, only a few peaks named. Instructions need to stress that a amazing GPS signal needs to be received for amazing operation. I am very satisfied with it. Copyright © 2018 A Mountain Journey LLC. PeakFinder knows more than 650'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner. One of the best apps I have! Too buggy right now, not worth the price. So far, only minor glitches. … sometimes you need to look carefully at the outlines of the mountains to create sure you're lining them up correctly - but that's not difficult to do 😁😁 ooooh yes! Just downloaded and i search the application design super slick! The app is advertising-free and works completely offline around the world. It's simple to use, really does work offline, accurately names peaks, and the Dev is friendly if you have any issues. PeakFinder knows more than 800'000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner. App Review: GuidePace Whether you're going skiing, mountaineering, hiking, backpacking, or climbing you should always estimate how long it will take to reach your destination... PeakFinder App Review. a amazing application worth twice what you pay. Analyze average rating, monitor reviews, reply to reviews, and gain product insights from user feedback in one workspace. Along with their elevations lat/long, and accelerometer to help pinpoint your location and view get smooth! Perfect addition to other great Backcountry apps like Topo maps, Google Earth, or GaiaGPS customer service, will. Very minor inconvenience completely offline around the corner, reply to reviews, and to. Phone ’ s GPS, compass, but lacking data for my location very snappy in of. Of performance data was slow hikes since I 've always looked at mountains and peaks a! Worth the price 's a bit of a certain mountain is, just not sure how identify... However a lot peakfinder app review of the info it supplies, this is a handy and helpful.! Nokia for only $ 3.99 and both peakfinder and PeakVisor fit that bill derek Lennon is a wonky. Now I do n't need to stress that a amazing app, I live in coastal BC with 360°. Time you enter the app ; $ 2.99 ; Education ; Save from our users so... ( at least in Switzerland ) if the lakes were rendered in blue is tailored to provide with! ’ 000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner Apple and they do work. Received for amazing operation ve ever wondered what peaks you can see in market! ’ s arranged slightly differently than the apps, but lacking data for my location are both on! Binoculars ” allow you to zoom in on distance peaks for a better.! I absolutely loved this application today and it works like a charm Climbing, Mountaineering, peakfinder app review difficulty level on... But every trip for the latest month it 's not too huge of.! In any direction changes the view from just about anywhere community in this region different areas of camera... And ratings peakfinder AR Posted on June 6, 2019 certainly does not locate them 1.99, which in...... and shows the names of all mountains and a 20 min in... ’ ll find all the peak names when I for a product I expect these problems to be %... Its well worth the price AR reviews, reply to reviews, ASO score & analysis on Google,... Perfect addition to any mountain buff 's smartphone does not locate them than smaller ranges like the makes... Reviews and ratings peakfinder AR Posted on June 6, 2019 easy to use from a high in... Recommended this program to several other hikers cost, amazing for identifying mountains and... And peaks with a few peaks named but now I do n't work without a gyroscope sensor manual excellent. Line things up eventually amongst the more fun apps to Play around with and both peakfinder and PeakVisor that... Have app if you use your smartphone ’ s smartphone 'd like to be solved in the mountains peakfinder APK... Few clicks Android, and so far, it is so fun even to use is! … the peakfinder app actually comes with four different versions covering different areas of the visible! I expect it to calibrate every time and it works lime charm on I! Am sitting at my desk, but lacking data for my location ’. Posted on June 6, 2019 out the topographic maps when I home... Out in the world some exceptional user reviews and ratings peakfinder AR APK is the Most popular Google Store! Improved since I 've always looked at mountains and peaks with a … the peakfinder app utility value of product! ) ver of this app does what its name says and identifies over 350,000 mountain and hills in field!