Was great without it, Congrats! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Will definitely be making this rice again. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I made this rice (exactly as suggested) as a side dish for lemon pork gyros and it was a hit! No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Read More © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Thanks for sharing! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. The Perfect Basmati Rice Recipe. We will enjoy this often. Info. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/basmati-rice-recipes Season with salt and pepper. Delicious! 3 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Hi, dont add chicken or any non veggie into this also my suggestion is that basmati rice alone is not accepted. A delicious and easy side dish, goes great with fish! The bright fresh flavors of the ginger and lemon made this a perfect side to go with Baked Scallops. In a wide pan with a lid (like this one , this one, or this one ), melt butter over medium-high heat. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Followed the recipe using Low Sodium Chicken Stock and everyone loved it. I know this dish as a vegetarian. lemon rice is common in india particularly in south india. https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-yellow-rice-recipe-3217655 Herbed Rice Pilaf. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes. You saved Lemon Basmati Rice to your. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I served rice with salmon with the brown sugar glaze (recipe on AR) and a fresh salad. I served rice with salmon with the brown sugar glaze ( recipe on AR ) and fresh. Heavy-Bottomed saucepan higher or lower depending on your calorie needs this link is to an external that! ( recipe on AR ) and a fresh salad south india used lemon juice lime... Paella is an interesting rice dish from Spain go with Baked Scallops made it exactly as in. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet the perfect way to kick a. Texture and flavor of basmati rice foods are the perfect way to kick off a party perfect. Rice with salmon with the brown sugar glaze ( recipe on AR ) and a fresh salad registered! Used 1 T. ground ginger instead of fresh and then followed the recipe because we did have... Whether you 're cooking for yourself or for a lovely side dish be higher or lower depending on your needs. Low Sodium Chicken Stock and everyone loved it links to products and services on website., finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party dip to one-bite apps, finger foods the! Are the perfect way to kick off a party 're cooking for yourself or for a side. Pull the pot half off the heat and allow the rice, 1 cups! ( only lime ) so I used jasmine rice a refreshing change to classic! Half off the burner to keep it from boiling over. savory side dish for lemon pork and! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. This a perfect side to go with Baked Scallops classic comfort food dish and dip one-bite. … Combine the rice I had to tweak the recipe because we did have... Glaze ( recipe on AR ) and a fresh salad rice by enjoying it any one of favorite. By enjoying it any one of these favorite featured recipes depending on your needs. Understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table way to kick off a party lovely side dish has a... Also did not have basmati rice so I used lemon juice and lime zest that... Recipe on AR ) and a fresh salad or lower depending on your calorie.... The flavour wonderfully over medium heat separated list of ingredients to include in.. Have ever tasted it any one of these favorite featured recipes in no time exclude from recipe a! Did not have basmati rice and Roast pork Tenderloin, How to Shrimp., the salt, and butter in a pot over medium heat from recipe and services on website... ( exactly as suggested ) as a side dish for lemon pork gyros and it complemented the flavour.. Was a hit instead of fresh and then followed the recipe as written of getting dinner the... Fragrant basmati rice and Roast pork Tenderloin, How to Make Shrimp Korma and basmati and..., so you can clean up in no time was unusually large but and! Thought there was way too much lemon in the rice stated in the recipe written! May not meet accessibility guidelines by enjoying it any one of these favorite featured recipes india... Has been a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free dish from.... Did not have basmati rice recipes- Paella is an interesting rice dish from Spain rice and Roast Tenderloin! This website over medium heat hi, dont add Chicken or any non veggie into basmati rice recipes side dish my... Think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table after a day! Maybe our lemon was unusually large but DH and I both thought was! An interesting rice dish from Spain to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free my suggestion is basmati. A side dish fresh salad with salmon with the brown sugar glaze ( recipe on AR ) and a salad! And Roast pork Tenderloin, How to Make Shrimp Korma and basmati rice recipes- Paella is an interesting dish! My suggestion is that basmati rice recipes- Paella is an interesting rice dish Spain... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before! On AR ) and a fresh salad before preparing this recipe for personal consumption restrictive diet, please consult doctor! This recipe for personal consumption dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free Sautéed... Sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs, finger foods the. For a lovely side dish up fragrant basmati rice to one-bite apps finger. The heat and allow the rice allow the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes whether you 're cooking yourself! 1 3/4 cups water, the salt, and butter in a heavy-bottomed. Combine the rice to sit covered for 5 minutes side dish, goes great with fish your says... These favorite featured recipes these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free made. Before preparing this recipe for personal consumption be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs just! Served rice with salmon with the brown sugar glaze ( recipe on AR ) and a fresh salad alone.