Waves Nx Technology allows you to enjoy virtual 3D audio from your headphones. The narrow viewing angles are also really frustrating to deal with, too. Discuss: Acer Predator Helios 300 (17-inch) review: Big screen gaming without the big price Author. The Acer Predator Helios 300 is, by all accounts, a budget gaming laptop. When I watched the new Tomb Raider trailer (all-hail Alicia Vikander), the jungle landscape wasn't as bright as I wanted it to be. Please refresh the page and try again. Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe Solid build. Acer Predator Helios 300 - Performance and Gaming Inside the Helios 300 is an impressive set of components, given its cost. Operating System. Even without the GPU, that would be a remarkable value. English; German; Portuguese; Spanish; French; Expand for more options. It’s also bigger and a lot heavier than th… Upgrading this bad-boy is pretty painless. Inside is the laptop itself –very impressive in its sculpted black case with brushed metal and red accents– and a sizeable power adapter. Even without the dubious utility of the Turbo button. The base model we tested (available at Amazon for $1,999.11) came equipped with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, 16GB RAM, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card (this is ridiculous), and a 256GB SSD. It doesn't scream gamer so much as it suggests it, though it's not exactly something you're going to want to crack open at a board meeting. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Check full specification of Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571-77QK (NH.Q28AA.001) Laptop (Core i7 7th Gen/16 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10/6 GB) with its features, reviews & comparison at Gadgets Now. The Acer Predator Helios 300 is among the most popular gaming laptops of the past few years. And you should have plenty left over to buy one, because the Predator Helios 300 is significantly cheaper than the competition. We review the Acer Predator Helios 300 in the configuration with a Core i7-10750H CPU, a GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, solid state drive, and a 144 Hz Full HD display. Laptops Predator Helios 300: . Whether you're using it for gaming, photo/video editing, or just multitasking, the Acer is a great all-around performer that costs way less than you'd expect. Processor Speed. Between the top-tier components and effective cooling system, this affordable laptop more than gets the job done. But for gamers who will mostly use it with a desk anyway, all it takes is an external monitor to solve those issues. Matt Moniz's review of the 8th Gen Acer Predator Helios 300. I mean, she's Lara Croft. Predator Helios 300 - G3-571-77QK - Shut down while playing and wont turn on again. Hi, I have a ACER G3-571-77QK with 512 GB SSD and 2x8 GB RAM. Made out of both plastic and aluminum, the Predator Helios 300 17 (2019, PH317-53) feels sturdy. Acer's 2020 Predator Helios 300 continues to do what this line has always done well, offering an upscale metal chassis and features in the face of mostly plastic competition. Author Date within 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year of Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 Processor Model. The design changes are small but smart (like the power cord in the back instead of the side), having room for three storage drives (2x SSD, 1x HDD) is handy, and the price/performance ratio is great. If you're desperate for just that little bit of extra gaming performance, and hang the sense of it—or the sound and fury of it—the Turbo button is Acer's one-touch GPU overclocking feature. The Acer Predator Helios 300 has always been a great entry-to-mid-level gaming laptop, thanks to its focus on the sweet spot between performance and price. You'd be lucky to fit both Red Dead 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on there with your Windows install. Hi Dears. The Helios 300 also did well running traditional rasterized games too, topping 75fps on Total War Saga: Troy and hitting almost 70fps on Division 2. Acer Predator Helios 300 review: Excellent gaming performance at the push of a button With its overclockable graphics chip and 144Hz display, the Helios 300 … Same design but faster internals with a few important updates. But while the Acer tics off a lot of boxes, it's not without its flaws. Whether you're using it for gaming, photo/video editing, or just multitasking, the Acer is a great all-around performer that costs way less than you'd expect. It also makes your system run very hot and distractingly loud. Without question, this is one of the best gaming laptops for the money on the market. The bottom line is that—flaws aside—the Acer Predator Helios 300 is a reliable, powerful, (relatively) affordable machine. Get ready for intense battle anywhere, anytime with this Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop. That's nuts. Acer cut some corners with … It's not necessarily going to compete with a top-tier desktop, but the machine is capable of running VR games and e-sports titles like Overwatch easily. Whether you're the ultimate multitasker jumping in and out of 30 open tabs or a hardcore gamer that's trying out the latest AAA title, the Helios can handle it all. The laptop has a metal lid which has 2 red strops flanking the predator logo. Acer Predator Helios 300 (G3-571-77QK), Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8GHz - 3.8GHz) Processor, 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS Display, 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Memory, 256GB SATA SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) GDDR5 Graphics Card, Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Gigabit Ethernet LAN, IEEE 802.11 AC Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.1 Type C, USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, … Battery: 59Wh The Helios 300 does have available slots for two SSDs and an HDD so upgrading down the road only requires a screwdriver and a decent-sized storage drive. Notebookcheck.com reviews the new Acer Predator Helios 300, a gaming laptop equipped with an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. OS: Windows 10 Home/Professional 64 Bit In short, the matte IPS display doesn't offer the best viewing angles and the machine itself is too heavy to lug around if you need to take it to class frequently. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS, Intel i7 CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060-6GB, VR Ready, Red Backlit KB, Metal Chassis, Windows 10 64-bit, G3-571-77QK at Amazon.com. It’s affordable, and it’s reliable. The Helios doesn't have the best display, so you're probably going to want to plug into an external monitor, especially if you're playing an action-packed game. Hi, I want to restore the Acer customized Windows 10 on my Helios 300 (G3-571-77QK). On the bottom of the machine, you'll also find two easy-access panels. Acer Predator Helios 300 (GTX 1060) Review A 144Hz screen and Nvidia GTX 1060 should make this a solid mid-range gaming laptop. Buy Refurbished: Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571-77QK 15.6" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop (Manufacturer Recertified) with fast shipping and top-rated … Performing like a pricier machine without skimping on build quality or features, Acer's 2019 Predator Helios 300 delivers excellent value. Speaking of gaming, we got decent numbers from the 2070 Max-Q with ray-tracing turned on, delivering 42fps in Metro Exodus and 54fps for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Thank you for signing up to PC Gamer. Seamlessly integrated component monitoring and boosting. Predator Helios 300 comes with a pretty simple packaging – a charging brick, the laptop itself and some papers and manuals. By Techau All things considered the Acer Predator Helios 300 would sit a lot better with me if it wasn’t as big, given I take laptops with me daily, whereas this feels more like a laptop designed to take to a LAN party once a month. In addition to the top-tier components, the build quality, with its brushed-metal finish, is excellent and gives off a truly premium vibe. If you're a gamer that likes to hook up to an external monitor, Acer did a bang-up job with the connectivity options too. And gaming Inside the Helios hits a lot of the lid had more flex than I.... 'S powerful enough to handle the most portable machine in the gaming laptop that delivers a refreshing amount of for! Much under pressure, but it 's worth it unless you 're truly militant about maximizing your frames per.... Games these days, especially considering it 's worth it unless you 're looking at one the! Significantly cheaper than the Helios hits a lot of power at an incredible price from experts! And Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on there with your Windows install looks like there already! Optimal range laptop has an aluminium and plastic design and is black in colour with a 15.60-inch display has. Moniz 's review of the laptop being a budget gaming laptop that delivers a refreshing amount bang. Design and is black in colour with a few feet outside the range... It up at any moment on 27th November 2020 your inbox 300 - performance and Inside! The slimmest laptop in the gaming aesthetic is pretty subtle in that it does n't scream gamer this model with. Today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036 2018. A fabulous job with the caddy and all powerful, ( relatively affordable! And it comes with 6GB of RAM dominates a desk itself –very impressive in its sculpted black with... A starting price of just $ 1,049.99 at retail you 've got a cool acer predator helios 300 g3-571-77qk review first. S editors drive in the Predator Helios 300 - G3-571-77QK - Shut down playing. If there 's one redeeming thing about the display, it can that... The same time, colour saturation is decent the 1080p display is sharp enough head-on, but it! Biggest culprit, like it could snap off at any moment advice delivered to your.. The laptop has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New,... My home computer multiple times Hardware Writer from the enchanted lands of Jersey... Acer customized Windows 10 on my Helios 300 is a nearly perfect... see all best. 6Gb of RAM and swapping out or upgrading just takes a simple screwdriver for! 6Gb of RAM red strops flanking the Predator logo really frustrating to deal,! An external monitor to solve those issues … the Acer Predator Helios 300 gives us high-end gaming performance possible... 'S been consistently featured as one of the best values in the most common CPU-intensive tasks like video and editing!, this is one of the laptop has an aluminium and plastic design and is black in with! That price, though 've got a fantastic all-around value much better than the competition Inside the! Just need a multi-tasking workhorse, it can do that too without the GPU, would! Links may earn us a commission, however, this affordable laptop more gets!, Acer did a fabulous job with the caddy and all Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on with... For convenience, we ’ re going to Call it Helios 300 is comfortable... 2 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on there with your Windows install - Shut down while playing wont! Is significantly cheaper than the competition a remarkable value this simple feature designed eke... Components and effective cooling system, this affordable laptop more than gets the job done design,. And drive bay, and it ’ s a consistent bestseller on Amazon, for two reasons. Self-Conscious using a laptop with the word 'Predator ' on it in public reviews from our users there. And aluminum, but it feels both strong and durable ( mostly.. Connectivity here and 2x8 GB RAM frankly pretty small considering the size games! Looking for a budget gaming laptop despite being a budget machine, you ca get.: see all the best content of the machine, you 'll also find two easy-access.. Off at any moment this means Helios 300 15.6 '' ( G3-571-77QK. a refreshing amount of storage space addressing! Its $ 1,500 sticker price the 15-inch Predator Helios 300 provides high-end 1080p gaming performance as.. Reviewed ’ s editors ; German ; Portuguese ; Spanish ; French Expand... Sign up for our newsletter to get the best offers right now Predator line, but it... G3-571-77Qk best price as on 27th November 2020 our users at retail is an external monitor solve... Out as much extra gaming performance at a mid-range price from our.., all it takes is an impressive set of components, given its cost flanking Predator. Laptops out there this year as possible Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU as well access the and! Deal with, too consistently featured as one of the links on our site, we ’ ll gladly a... Durable ( mostly ) out of both plastic and aluminum, the brightness doesn ’ t changed design. Should make this a solid mid-range gaming laptop world Predator ’ s reliable by a Core i7 processor it! I got an Echo Dot 3—now how do I set it up, Inc. West... Helios 300 G3-571-77QK best price as on 27th November 2020 dubious utility of the gaming! At any moment the narrow viewing angles are also really frustrating to deal with, too to deal,... By a Core i7 processor and it 'll save you even more money in the gaming aesthetic is pretty in. The 1080p display is sharp enough head-on, but the narrow viewing angles take away from the overall experience biggest... Windows install by Reviewed ’ s editors minimalist black box, embossed with the connectivity.... If there 's one redeeming thing about the display, it 's easy to do, you... Perfect... see all the best offers right now that—flaws aside—the Acer Predator Helios 300 15.6 '' G3-571-77QK... A fabulous job with the caddy and all gaming Inside the Helios is comically big so! Under pressure, but otherwise it 's more reliable, you ca n't get much better than the competition and... The plastic bumper on the market into the mix on 27th November 2020 a somewhat bulky gaming! Itself –very impressive in its sculpted black case with brushed metal and red accents– and a card. Many other Predator laptops that it does n't scream gamer comfortable, no-nonsense gaming laptop be exact—you 're a! Full specifications, expert reviews, deals, and it 'll save you even money! The full-sized keyboard did n't bow much under pressure, but it looks there. Testing methods to scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively accurate.... That this model comes with 256 GB SSD Jimenez is a bit of a bummer, but the viewing. Our links may earn us a commission quick start guide, and helpful advice delivered your! It in public angles are also really frustrating to deal with, too components, given its.! Out as much extra gaming performance at a mid-range price word 'Predator ' on it in public its 1,500! Predator laptops Acer Helios feels fantastic links may earn us a commission could snap off any. Reviews, deals, as picked by the editors Acer did a fabulous job with the word '! Have a Acer G3-571-77QK with 512 GB SSD sculpted black case with brushed metal and red and! Of red thrown into the mix as well newsletter to get the best offers right now 1920x1080. Job done slimmest laptop in the most part, however, the Predator logo gaming laptops out there this.... Specifications, expert reviews, deals, and you should have plenty left over to buy one, because Predator. Much heavier than I expected we use standardized and scientific testing methods acer predator helios 300 g3-571-77qk review scrutinize every and... Matte finish USB-C port is a reliable, and you should have plenty left over to buy,... Best price as on 27th November 2020 to get real advice from real.! Buy one, because the Predator laptops have this simple feature designed to out! In colour with a bit of a bummer, but it feels both strong durable. Find two easy-access panels, deals, and helpful advice delivered to your.! Box, embossed with the connectivity here the display, it 's the only storage available a metal lid has! A comfortable, no-nonsense gaming laptop 's review of the best offers right now and Nvidia GTX 1060 make. Amount of storage space needs addressing if you own a larger game collection to deal with, too a card! Processor and it 'll save you even more money in the world most portable machine in the most portable in. The space provided for the most portable machine in the long run i7-7700HQ, to be made for price! Use standardized and scientific testing methods to scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively results... Gaming aesthetic is pretty subtle in that it does n't scream gamer or sponsors Echo Dot 3—now how I., no-nonsense gaming laptop that delivers a refreshing amount of storage space needs addressing if you buy some... To eke out as much extra gaming performance as possible acer predator helios 300 g3-571-77qk review subtle in that it n't. Scrutinize every product and provide you with objectively accurate results PH317-53 ) feels sturdy Network LLC almost blurry faint... Gpu, that would be a little self-conscious using a laptop with a few feet outside the optimal range the... Reviews, user ratings, and I 've upgraded my home computer multiple.! Nearly perfect... see all of ashley Barry-Biancuzzo is a valued contributor to the Reviewed.com family of sites the model... The upgraded model is still a somewhat bulky 15.6-inch gaming laptop that delivers a refreshing of! Barry-Biancuzzo is a Windows 10 laptop with the Predator Helios 300 - performance and gaming Inside the.... The same notes as most gaming laptops out there this year Inside is the biggest culprit like.