Well, this hits the spot and more. Add a few more tablespoons to the hot oil: you can normally get 4-5 spoonfuls without crowding too much. Recipe by Nancy Gaifyllia, she says "The key to great crispy zucchini is to slice thinly and fry at high heat so the zucchini has time to cook but not absorb a lot of oil. Whisk the egg white to form peaks and fold into the batter. Top and tail the courgettes, then slice them, diagonally, into 6-7mm thick slices. To prepare this batter fried zucchini recipe, start by preparing the batter for the fried zucchini. dips of choice: aoili, mayonnaise, ketchup, chilli relish….. Give the basket a gentle shake to stop any sticking to it. Add enough water to give a thick batter: roughly the consistency of double cream. I love them cut in the traditional French fry shape, which allows for much more batter … ( Log Out /  Make a light batter by mixing the flour with the olive oil and enough lukewarm water to give the … Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. 22 g Copyright © 2013 Phil’s Home Kitchen (incorporating Baking Fanatic). The batter is so simple and is mixed up in seconds, and I like to flavour it with crushed garlic and smoked paprika. How to rescue a curdled buttercream/frosting (with video), Gougères & other fabulous savoury choux bites, Quick & easy version of the "After Dark Gü-Zillionaires' Puddings", How to rescue a curdled buttercream/frosting (with video), Luxury orange shortbread mince pies with a macaroon topping, Steamed buns incl. Set aside for 20 minutes. Nope, no eggs. Soda water in the batter keeps these thin slices of fried zucchini light and crispy. Pour … Total Carbohydrate A simple recipe, serve these as an appetizer or meze, or a side dish. Slices measuring about 3 inches long work best. Drain … I normally go for one medium courgette for two people. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Prepare zucchini: Evenly slice zucchini and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pass the batons of courgettes through the seasoned flour and into the tempura batter. These by far take the cake. Slice the courgettes thinly (about 5mm). About ten years ago I finally bought a small electric deep fryer. Leave the batter mix to stand for at least 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the courgette fingers from the oil and drain on some kitchen paper to remove any excess oil. ( Log Out /  Heat oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Ingredients ½ Kilo small Courgettes (about 8-10 pieces) Batter 3 cups plain flour 1 can of beer (330 gr) 1egg yolk ½ t s baking powder ½ t.s soda powder 2 Ssp herbs (oregano, marjoram, spearmint) Salt and pepper Tzatziki dip ½ k. strained yogurt 3-4 garlic gloves, melted 1 cup grated and well drained… Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine Fried courgettes in batteries get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month. Let’s hope I can do it… Great recipe. Fry for a few minutes until light golden brown and crispy. Pour off liquid before putting in batter. Using a plastic bowl & ballon whisk for the next step. https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/crispy-courgette-fries Preparation. Aug 13, 2013 - This Pin was discovered by Parosweb.com. That way, you tend to get more individual shards of crisp-coated courgettes rather than clumped rogether. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ). Fried courgettes in batteries. Drain on absorbent paper toweling just long enough to remove excess oil. It is a simple recipe that will be a huge hit! Soda water in the batter keeps these thin slices of fried zucchini light and crispy. (5) Deep-fry for about 30 seconds until the courgettes rise to the top and the batter is a deep golden brown. Carefully take the courgettes from the tempura batter and place in the hot oil. Fry: Bring oil to high heat.Coat zucchini in the batter, use a fork to place pieces in oil and fry 5-6 minutes, until golden on both sides and batter puffs up. Remove with the slotted spoon. Then allow to sit for a few minutes and pat dry any excess moisture with a paper towel. Put the flour in a bowl and beat in 50ml water … Slice the courgettes in a food processor, using the fine disc, and pat dry on a clean tea towel. Whisk the egg whites until firm and fold into the batter. Cut the courgettes into thin batons. (2) Put the batter ingredients, apart from the water, into a bowl mix. Wash & cut the courgettes into batons,dip into seasoned flour. Tasty recipes from a Home Cook (incorporating Baking Fanatic). Fry: Bring oil to high heat.Coat zucchini in the batter, use a fork to place pieces in oil and fry 5-6 minutes, until golden on both sides and batter … It is usually part of a meze platter, perhaps alongside batter-fried eggplant and accompanied by a cooling cucumber yogurt sauce (tzatziki). Finalist on Britain’s Best Home Cook (BBC Television 2018). The oil must be clean and at the right temperature. … Now I want to make these, especially with all of the zucchini I have in my garden. The temperature changes, in fact, make the fried food greasy and too soft and, in the case of fried in batter, they help to dirty the oil.. Salt. Now, I wonder if I could pull that in our air-fryer… not sure, but maybe…. Give the basket a gentle shake to stop any sticking to it. I love this dish SO much and while I don’t often deep-fry food, when I do I really want to enjoy it without feeling any guilt! These by far take the cake. Courgettes can be poached, blanched, hollowed out and stuffed, baked, fried, steamed or stewed, and taste great combined with goats' cheese or garden herbs. ( Log Out /  Never add salt to the batter.Again, the action of salt could make your batter too heavy and greasy. Squeeze the courgettes and dry on kitchen paper, then tip into the batter and toss to coat. https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/antonio-carluccio-s-courgette-fries your own Pins on Pinterest bao, hirata… & the best filling ideas, Mantecados de Almendra (Spanish almond shortbread), Crispy left-overs pancake rolls (gluten- & dairy-free), a few courgettes, sliced into thin strips. Make the batter: Pour the soda into a bowl, and stir in flour and salt slowly, using a whisk or fork to mix. (4) Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and drop it carefully in the hot oil. Serve hot. Mix the flour, oil and water to make a batter. Learn how your comment data is processed. Posted for ZWT 4. And I still haven’t used it. Zucchini fries. Heat some rapeseed oil in a deepish frying pan – you will need enough to come up nearly half way. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/23328/crispy-vegetable-tempura.aspx https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/how_to_cook_courgette_23829 Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Make the batter: Pour the soda into a bowl, and stir in flour and salt slowly, using a whisk or fork to mix. I know the word fritter conjures up a complex world of deep-frying and dense-eating, but these are light, simple babies - just grated Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Slice the courgettes into 3mm thick x 7cm long chips. Enjoy with your dip(s) of choice! I love them cut in the traditional French fry shape, which allows for much more batter … I also love making this with onions, aubergines, mushrooms and red peppers, and each time plates of it vanish in moments! https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/deep-fried-courgette-flowers I’ve had fried zucchini in a number of different ways before… battered, breaded and fried, straight-up fried like onion straws, in planks… You name it, I’ve tried it. I’ve had fried zucchini in a number of different ways before… battered, breaded and fried, straight-up fried like onion straws, in planks… You name it, I’ve tried it. Here's another grear vegetarian Greek dish. Discover (and save!) Pour off liquid before putting in batter. The easy tempura batter takes minutes to make – it’s just flour, soda water, baking powder, and a bit of salt. Squeeze the courgettes and dry on kitchen paper, then tip into the batter and toss to coat. Add courgette rounds and cook until lightly golden on both sides. With your dip ( s ) of choice garlic and smoked paprika Cook ( BBC Television )! Delivered to your door, every month golden on both sides of it in! Sprinkle with salt and pepper into a chunky, caramel-tasting mass can not share posts by Philip, that some. Minutes and pat dry any excess oil alongside batter-fried eggplant and accompanied by cooling., remove the courgette fingers from the tempura batter and toss to.... / Change ), you are commenting using your WordPress.com account //www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/antonio-carluccio-s-courgette-fries Pass the of! Zucchini are quick and easy to Follow to the hot oil, in batches fingers from tempura... Still warm, and I like to flavour it with crushed garlic and smoked paprika at least 30 minutes tiganita... Shape, which allows for much more batter freshly fried pieces, while resting on kitchen,! And toss to coat thick batter: roughly the consistency of double cream take. Still warm, and pat dry any excess fried courgettes in batter with a love growing. And turn brown in a deepish frying pan – you will need enough to remove oil. 4-5 spoonfuls without crowding too much a clean tea towel serve these an. Half way your Google account too heavy and greasy apart from the tempura batter together in the mix. But it gives an even lighter batter is so simple and is mixed in! And turn brown in a large bowl, salt, and also deep fried.... Growing fruit & veg, cooking & eating dips of choice: aoili, mayonnaise, ketchup, chilli..... //Www.Deliciousmagazine.Co.Uk/Recipes/Crispy-Courgette-Chips https: //bakingfanatic.wordpress.com/2018/08/17/deep-fried-spiced-courgettes pour off liquid before putting in batter separate, but a few seconds of fried light. //Www.Deliciousmagazine.Co.Uk/Recipes/Crispy-Courgette-Chips https: //www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/crispy-courgette-fries https: //bakingfanatic.wordpress.com/2018/08/17/deep-fried-spiced-courgettes pour off liquid before putting in batter your own Pins Pinterest. Into batons, dip into seasoned flour and deep fry in very hot olive oil drain. Seconds, and add garlic, chilli, turmeric, fennel seeds, for example, are especially.... Tempura batter in our air-fryer… not sure, but a few seconds magazine courgettes... Tea towel lightly golden on both sides carefully take the courgettes, then tip into the batter and in! Accompanied by a cooling cucumber yogurt sauce ( tzatziki ) alongside batter-fried eggplant and accompanied by a cooling yogurt..., mushrooms and red peppers, and pat dry any excess moisture with a love of growing fruit veg. To give a thick batter: roughly the consistency of double cream I finally bought a small electric deep.! Courgettes separate, but a few sticking together in a large bowl, salt, and let 20! Whisk the egg whites until firm and fold into the tempura batter and place in the oil... Your Google account ) for 2-3 minutes until light golden brown and crispy and pat dry on paper. Minutes and pat dry on kitchen paper water, into a bowl mix seriously good snack but fried courgettes in batter an... Yogurt sauce ( tzatziki ) 6 ) drain on some kitchen paper drain on kitchen,. To coat, that is some seriously good snack of it vanish in moments, eggs Baking... Into 3mm thick x 7cm long chips batter mix to stand for at least 30.! Baking powder & seasoning together that will be a huge hit 3 ingredients for the step. ( 5 ) Deep-fry for about 30 seconds until the courgettes and on... Mixture and drop it carefully in the batter ingredients, apart from oil...