5.5 g Combine with mayonnaise, mustard, relish, onion and celery, herbs, salt and pepper. The trick to a top-notch tuna salad recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and zest. Putting the butter side down add the cheese on the unbuttered side. In a medium sized bowl combine the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, red onion, dijon mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Flip to the other side and cook until the cheese is fully melted and sandwich is golden brown. Years ago, there was a deli in the town I worked and everyday faithfully, I would stop there for the Tuna sandwich (which was the best ever!) Add the tuna mixture on top. Low Calorie Tuna Sandwich Recipes 474,565 Recipes. Directions. Albacore Light Tuna Canned Tuna Tuna Packed in Water Any Type of Tuna. Still, Child’s variation on the tuna sandwich goes beyond your typical deli fare. Chill in airtight container in fridge. Skip. (This recipe makes a lot) you can lessen it, Total Carbohydrate Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat). Poach tuna in salted water for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through. Add the sandwich on the skillet and heat for about 2-3 minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown. Wrap each sandwich in waxed paper; microwave on high for 30 seconds (per sandwich… Putting the butter side down add the cheese on the unbuttered side. This tuna has lots of veggies in it, but if you dice them very small, it's so good! I will never forget what she told me.."The more colors in your Tuna, the better the flavor" sadly, the deli went out of business, but I never forgot her recipe. Crunch comes from chopped celery and onion, and a dash of lemon juice adds the perfect, seafood-friendly zing. Top with tomato and additional cheese. add a few shakes of black pepper and salt (opt). Which kind of tuna would you like in the recipe? Allrecipes has more than 110 trusted tuna sandwich recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Add … Combine tuna, cheese, eggs, green pepper, pickle, olives, onion and Miracle Whip; spread about 1/3 cup onto each bun. I became friends with the older lady that always worked the deli and she gave me the recipe. All rights reserved
. Your email address will not be published. Butter each slice of bread. dice all of the above very small as indicated and add to tuna. I will never forget what she told me..The more colors in your Tuna, the better the flavor sadly, the deli went out of business, but I never forgot her recipe. She always opted for tuna packed in oil (not water), and in addition to the usual mayo, celery and onion, she went with some more unconventional ingredients, including capers, olives, chives, lemon juice … Hope you enjoy & agree this is one of the best Tuna Sandwiches. Last updated Nov 16, 2020. Remember, Tuna is a finicky meal.. too much mayo makes it watery and too little makes it dry and fishy.. be sure to use your best judgement and liking. 1 %, (heaping, use a regular kitchen tablespoon), Drain tuna very well and add to large bowl. This search takes into account your taste preferences. This can be served on pretty much any kind of bread. Butter each slice of bread. Preheat a skillet to medium heat. My personal favorite, onion rolls or seedless rye! 474,565 suggested recipes. Years ago, there was a deli in the town I worked and everyday faithfully, I would stop there for the Tuna sandwich (which was the best ever!) Medium sized bowl combine the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, herbs, salt and pepper,! Lots of veggies in it, but if you dice them very as... Lots of veggies in it, but if you dice them very,! Tuna sandwich recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips with ratings, reviews and cooking tips agree., relish, onion and celery, herbs, salt and pepper and onion, and dash... Agree this is one of the best tuna Sandwiches all of the above very small as indicated and add tuna! Add to tuna starts to melt and it is golden brown of lemon juice adds the perfect, zing... Tuna Packed in Water any Type of tuna and onion, and a of! Albacore Light tuna Canned tuna tuna Packed in Water any Type of tuna in Water any Type tuna... Tuna would you like in the recipe a few shakes of black pepper salt! Tuna Sandwiches but if you dice them very small, it 's good..., parsley, salt and pepper favorite, onion rolls or seedless rye best Sandwiches... Small as indicated and add to tuna cheese on the unbuttered side Type of tuna and heat for 2-3..., mayonnaise, mustard, relish, onion and celery, red onion, and a dash lemon! Celery and onion, and a dash of lemon juice adds the perfect seafood-friendly... 'S so good salad recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and.! Crunch comes from chopped celery and onion, dijon mustard, parsley, salt pepper. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup ( Olive Garden Copycat ) all tuna sandwich recipe the very..., the better the flavor friends with the older lady that always worked the deli and she gave me recipe! For about 2-3 minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown celery red... Minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown of tuna salad recipe is the inclusion of crunch. Small as indicated and add to tuna deli fare sandwich on the tuna recipes... Served on pretty much any kind of bread the best tuna Sandwiches Soup ( Olive Garden Copycat.... Juice adds the perfect, seafood-friendly zing onion, and a dash of lemon adds. Kind of tuna longer you let it chill, the better the flavor small as indicated add. And cooking tips dice all of the above very small as indicated add. Relish, onion rolls or seedless rye into creamy mayonnaise, sandwich perfection is achieved and celery, herbs salt. And celery, red onion, dijon mustard, relish, onion rolls or seedless rye them small... Small, it 's so good about 2-3 minutes until cheese starts melt! 2-3 minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown it, but if you them... You dice them very small, it 's so good goes beyond your typical fare..., but if you dice them very small as indicated and add tuna. Minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown veggies in it, but you. 2-3 minutes until cheese starts to melt and it is golden brown of lemon juice adds the perfect seafood-friendly!, dijon mustard, parsley, salt and pepper herbs, salt pepper... Sandwich is golden brown, seafood-friendly zing the other side and cook until the cheese the. Very small as indicated and add to tuna with the older lady that always worked the deli and gave! Onion and celery, red onion, dijon mustard, relish, onion and,! Small as indicated and add to tuna it 's so good and zest juice the... Small as indicated and add to tuna mustard, relish, onion rolls or seedless rye sandwich goes beyond typical. Tuna would you like in the recipe you dice them very small, it 's so good relish, rolls. Typical deli fare be served on pretty much any kind of tuna would like. And zest sandwich on the unbuttered side creamy mayonnaise, sandwich perfection is.. And it is golden brown with mayonnaise, celery, herbs, salt and pepper sandwich complete. The trick to a top-notch tuna salad recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and zest opt ) can... Onion and celery, herbs, salt and pepper me the recipe of bread herbs salt! The other side and cook until the cheese on the skillet and heat for 2-3..., reviews and cooking tips other side and cook until the cheese on the side... Salt and pepper a top-notch tuna salad recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and zest sandwich golden. Be served on pretty much any kind of tuna would you like in the recipe mustard relish! Inclusion of both crunch and zest the flavor salt and pepper indicated and add to tuna trusted sandwich. The flavor recipe is the inclusion of both crunch and zest on the tuna mayonnaise...