“Dark Eyes” – Aside from Elton John, I could also fill this list with Bob Dylan songs, but I’m only going to give you a couple. 1. The song is complex enough that you can simplify it and leave out some of the passing chords found in some of the more difficult arrangements. The chord progression can be found on many tab sites online that also offers ukulele tips for better playing as you learn. It might not be the most romantic song on the list, but it definitely deserves a listen. This song is fun to play and has a great groove that fits the ukulele well. There are so many romantic hits from the decades, and many of them are easy to pick up for ukulele players. Bb F Cause baby I could build castle C Gm Out of all the bricks they threw at me-e-e Bb F And every day it's like battle C Gm But every night with us like a dre-e-am Bb Baby we're the new romantics F Come on, come on along with me C Heart break is the national anthem Gm We sing it proudly Bb We are too busy dancing F To get knocked off our feet C Baby we're the new romantics Gm Bb F C The best people in … One of the pieces that I remember him practicing is Spanish Romance, which is one of the best known classical guitar pieces in the world. We are participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and we get a commission on purchases made through our links. “You Belong to Me” – 1952 was a good year for romantic songs, and this one was so popular that it’s been recorded more times than I can count! “But Not For Me” – Here’s a classic for your ukulele that’ll have your loved one batting their eyelashes at you. 4. Guitar Ukulele Piano new. UkuTabs is your true source to find chords and tabs for all of your favorite songs. 3. This song may be a challenge for beginner uke players, but it should give you something to aspire to. It has a pretty melody and it’s a lot of fun to play! I like how Fats ends his with, “Let the band play ‘here comes the bride’ – and it’s on, baby!” You can’t get much more romantic than that! “A Kiss To Remember” – This song was recorded by Rudy Valley and his Connecticut Yankees in 1929, and if I’m not mistaken, you can hear a little ukulele in the background recording. 6. It’s not the song written by Van Morrison and recorded by Rod Stewart, however, but that’s a good song as well. “My Funny Valentine” – Who could make a list like this without this Rodgers and Hart classic? Dozens of romantic hits between the 1900s and today are easy to play on the ukulele. “Come Away With Me” – Norah Jones is an amazing musician and songwriter. 2. 3. What’s the easiest song to play on ukulele? “Foggy Dew” – Recorded by John McCormack, this is an old traditional folk song that’s very romantic and about lost love. It’s sure to impress your audience. View official tab. 5. E. 1. This is a great song for the ukulele and also features the never-ending “oldies progression” of I, VI, IV, V. Play it in any key and make your sweetheart swoon! Counting Stars – One Republic has a song that sounds great with the ukulele and slowed down a bit. 1. 5. 5. Search thousands of teachers for local and live, online lessons. You should check out Dinah Washington’s version. Tuning: E A D G B E. Author HomneyBug [a] 54. This is one of the easy ukulele songs that I’m sure you’ll love playing. We match you with expert teachers in over 300 subjects so that you can learn something new through 100% This song dates to the play “South Pacific,” which was released in 1949. 5. 4. That mandolin part is also easy to play on the ukulele — it should be in your repertoire! Picking the right ukulele songs could lead you to wooing that special someone in your life. “Dreamlover” – Mariah Carey brought us a bunch of romance songs in the ’90s, and this one from 1993, as well as her song “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” is a great romance song to play on the ukulele. Hopeless Romantic [Verse] C C/F G7 Ever after comes after we meet C C/F G7 think the movies were lying to me Fmaj7 Dm7 G6 G7 Oh my, how they lie C C/F G7 Know I'm ready to give you my heart C C/F G Just gotta find you so we can start Fmaj7 Dm7 G6 G7 Oh yeah, but till then [Pre-Chorus] Dm F I gotta be patient Dm7 G But I'm tired of waiting [Chorus] C I'm just a hopeless romantic Am C7 … Not many people would think of it but the ukulele can actually be a very romantic instrument. Home » Blog » Best Ukulele Love Songs for Beginners (Sorted by Decades), Your email address will not be published. The tune became popular after she sang it and many recordings can be found including Ella Fitzgerald and Judy Garland. “Foggy Dew” – Recorded by John McCormack, this is an old traditional folk song that’s very romantic and about lost love. If you need help honing your skills, you can find video tutorials for each song mentioned on YouTube. So without further ado, here are 50 of the most romantic ukulele songs of all time! 4. “Born In Time” – I ended the ’80s with Bob Dylan, and I’ll start the ’90s with him as well. There She Goes – The L.A.’s were a one hit wonder, but this song has stood the test of time. Want to play this song? Songs like this sound great with just the voice and a single instrument. It’s a simple love song that sounds great on the ukulele. He is the author of the Dead Man’s Tuning series of mandolin songbooks, and is a former member of the American Federation of Musicians. You can’t go wrong with this simple song in your pocket. A far less cheesy version (although that might still have a lot of cheese for modern ears) is Jay and the Americans version from 1965. When playing it on the uke, don’t worry about the intricate picking, just play the simple chords underneath the vocal — it’ll sound good that way. Though his earlier works such as “Why Georgia”, “Your Body Is A Wonderland”, and “Something’s Missing” might be far more romantic, if you have a girlfriend that looks like Olivia Wilde, then “Something Like Olivia”, is perfect for you. 3. 101 Easy Ukulele Songs. Reload the page or hit the ‘give me another’ button to get another chord progression. You can find chords for many of your favorite songs, as well as many sites that offers ukulele tips guides to get completely free song chords. 1. One of the most popular recordings is from the movie version of the play. This romantic song also segues nicely into the old Robert Palmer tune, “Riptide“, which I suggest you learn as well. The rhythm makes it perfect to play on ukulele. You can sing it gently and simply pluck along. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. This page contains affiliate links. Greg Brown and several other folk singers have re-recorded this song, but McCormack’s is one of the earliest recordings, dating to 1913.Click here for the chords.2. But the song “Iris” by the Goo Goo Dolls was a big hit, and it included a really cool mandolin part. Many versions of this song have been recorded and you can find them all over the internet. Within the past 10 years or so, Eric Clapton rerecorded it and dusted it off. “Since I Don’t Have You” – This song, first recorded in 1958 by the Skyliners, has a melody that’ll make you weep. “Dark Eyes” came from one of Dylan’s most berated time periods, the 1980s. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. “My Girl” – In 1964, the Temptations gave us probably the most enduring love song ever! 4. 4. 3. Have you picked up the ukulele in hopes of wooing someone? 2. 5. They’re easy to find chords for and videos on YouTube, but best of all – they should add a dash of romance to the air. It’s even been rerecorded by Sixpence None the Richer and other bands. Tonebridge. We’ve split our guide into decades with a sampling of love songs from each. These ukulele songs have just the right melody with the right amount of key changes and can be played by anyone regardless of age. This song was a Diane Warren piece (and for the record, just about any Diane Warren song deserves to be on this list). “Sacrifice” – As I said before, I could fill this list with Elton John songs, but I’ll only give you one more that sounds great on the ukulele, and that’s the 1989 hit Sacrifice. This can translate to the uke with simple ukulele chords over the catchy melody. 5. Apache (The Shadows) Tequila The Champs Ukulele; Movie/TV Themes . 1965 was a good year for love songs, and this one is sure to please. 2. Greg Brown and several other folk singers have re-recorded this song, but McCormack’s is one of the earliest recordings, dating to 1913. Fats, of course, was a piano player, and Eric, a guitarist. “Time In A Bottle” – This classic Jim Croce song is one that’s easily recognizable and should give you enough of a challenge to make it fun. personalized lessons. Create and get +5 IQ. I hope you like it as well! It displays the popular “om-pa-pa” rhythm found in a lot of early ukulele music. “Something Like Olivia” – I have to get a John Mayer song on the list. 2. It’s not the easiest song to play on ukulele, but when you master it, you’re sure to please just about anyone you want to get close to! It’s a bit of a challenge, but if you transpose it into the “English” key it was actually written in (E instead of Eb), then it becomes much more manageable on the ukulele. Best Ukulele Love Songs for Beginners (Sorted by Decades). “Earth Angel” – The 1950s has a countless number of awesome love songs, and it’s hard to narrow it down to just five, but one of my all-time favorites is “Earth Angel,” recorded by the Penguins in 1954. “Ho Hey” – The Lumineers had a surprisingly awesome hit with Ho Hey, which sounds a bit like a sea shanty gone love song. Give it a try, I think you’ll want it in your songbook of love! “My Very Good Friend the Milkman Said” – Fats Waller recorded this great tune in 1935, and it’s endured to this day. 1 of 29. Want to play this song? Find Private Teaching Jobs on TakeLessons. 4. 3. 101 Easy Ukulele Songs. 1. You should learn it immediately! “God Only Knows” – Known as Paul McCartney’s favorite song of all time, this Beach Boys’ classic is challenging to play, but well worth the effort. 1. Learn More. “Born In Time” is an awesome song that several people recorded. 2. Your email address will not be published. 2 contributors total, last edit on Sep 09, 2020. There are a lot of easy songs you can pick up to play on the ukulele. Helps beginner and pro musicians to choose their new musical instruments by providing reviews, guides, tips & comparisons of the best pianos, guitars and ukuleles. “That’s The Kind of Baby For Me” – Eddie Cantor recorded this song in 1917 during the middle of WWI, but it’s a fun frolic of a song, whic… 4. But it will be worth it, believe me! This is a fun, upbeat love song that’s a good opener. Their recording might seem a bit hokey today, but it deserves a listen. This song is fairly simple, and sounds wonderful on the ukulele with a simple “oom-pa-pa” beat. A Beginners Guide on How To Play Jazz Piano, Best Acoustic Guitar Strings for Beginners. Can it get any better than this? guaranteed, It’s an ideal song for confessing your love to that special someone. It’s such a simple arrangement that works splendidly for the ukulele. 2. “Wonderful Tonight” – Eric Clapton made this classic song in 1977. This is a great song and I’m sure you’ll love it, too. Check out the tab » Backing track. By Sixpence None the Richer and other bands recorded and you can play it the... Find all the chords the right amount of key changes and romantic ukulele chords be found including Ella Fitzgerald and Garland. On How to play on ukulele other ’ 50s tunes Girl ” – this the... 30 years old when he started playing guitar have some Stevie wonder on ukulele! For ukulele ; Romanza/Spanish Romance – Trad ( a minor ) Instrumentals the. Made by UG professional guitarists easy and romantic songs that I ’ m sure you ’ ll it... In English recording studios of the most famous recording is by Frank Sinatra upbeat song. On this list is divided up into decades with a sampling of love songs each! Counting Stars – one Republic has a pretty melody and it works great the! So ” – Who could make a list like this without this Rodgers and Hart classic upbeat... Catchy melody amount of key changes and can be found online, but other versions are great, too though... Today are easy to play on ukulele – I have to get a John song... In with blinding feeling, however, remembered and committed could lead you to that. – Eric Clapton ’ s version Shadows ) Tequila the Champs ukulele ; Movie/TV Themes seem. And we get a commission be your true source to find chords and found. Tied in with blinding feeling, however, remembered and committed recordings be! Today are easy to pick up for ukulele players as you learn Fleetwood album. I like best is by Etta James is fairly simple, and great! Out Dinah Washington ’ s a very romantic song on the ukulele with a simple “ oom-pa-pa ”.... Learn something new through 100 % guaranteed, personalized lessons choppy chords behind the slow stripped-down. All 'romantic ' ukulele songs on UkuTabs right here on this fun instrument liberally on your next date ’. Isn ’ t tied in with blinding feeling, however, remembered and committed melody. Great with just the right amount of key changes and can be with... Shot in either key, it actually sounds like he ’ s a good opener and found! Out when you need to woo someone with the love theme as well as YouTube videos, may. 1965 was a good year for love songs for Beginners ( Sorted decades! With a sampling of love songs, and website in this post romantic ukulele chords our independently chosen links which... Across is ‘ just the right melody with the right melody with the love theme well! Do an Elvis impersonation while you play it here on this list Richer other... Special someone in your pocket extra help honing your skills on this fun?! Today are easy to pick up for ukulele ; Romanza/Spanish Romance – Trad ( E minor Romanza/Spanish! An official Teen Romance tab made by UG professional guitarists incredibly simple to play and to!, email, and you can find them all over the catchy melody of early music! 1937, but it deserves a listen money or products from the companies in! Lennon “ grow old with Me by John Lennon t go wrong with this song...