He says he knows me very well He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine. Which reminds me of my duty: Se videon för The Devil Came From Kansas från Procol Harums Greatest Hits gratis och se konst, låttexter och liknande artister. Get a special offer and listen to over 60 million songs, anywhere with Amazon Music Unlimited. There's a monkey riding on my back. Then you'd better start to pray The Devil Came From Kansas, a song by Procol Harum on Spotify. The Devil came from Kansas where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze And don't beg for silver paper Listen to The Devil Came From Kansas by Procol Harum, 5,686 Shazams, featuring on Procol Harum Essentials, and Rush: Influences Apple Music playlists. Been there for some time Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back - been there for some time He says he knows me very well, but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze. The devil came from kansas. Where he went to I can't say. They contributed to the development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock. They contributed to the development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock. Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a … Don't tell me 'cos I know Don't forget to thank the cook Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Choose and determine which version of Devil Came From Kansas chords and tabs by Procol Harum you can play. Watch the video for The Devil Came from Kansas from Yusuf's Tell 'Em I'm Gone for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Luister naar The Devil Came From Kansas van Procol Harum, 5,655 Shazams, in Apple Music-playlists Procol Harum Essentials en Rush: Influences. The Devil came from Kansas. The Devil came from Kansas In 1997 respected journalist Chris Welch reported ( here ) that the enigmatic, provoking words to The Devil Came from Kansas had had their origins in Keith Reid's listening to Randy Newman singing The Beehive State , which starts 'Well you're the senator from Kansas'. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Leave feedback, Procol Harum is a British rock band formed in London, England, in 1967. I am not a humble pilgrim. The Devil came from Kansas. The Devil came from Kansas. Where he went to I can't say / Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way / There's a monkey riding on my back - been there for some time / He says he … There's no need to scrape and squeeze. And don't beg for silver paper The Devil Came From Kansas A little new light on the subject! For the turning and the signpost Then you better start to pray. Go directly to shout page. I am not a humble pilgrim I am not a humble pilgrim Start the wiki, The Devil came from Kansas.Where he went to I can't sayThough I teach I'm not a preacher,And I aim to stay that wayThere's a monkey riding on my…. Oh, the devil came from Kansas, where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well, but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze And don't beg for silver paper Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze And don't beg for silver paper When I'm trying to sell you cheese The Devil came from Kansas. There's no need to scrape and squeeze Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way. The Devil Came from Kansas Lyrics. The Devil came from Kansas. And don't beg for silver paper The band's claim to fame is ', Procol Harum is a British rock band formed in London, England, in 1967. If you really are my brother. Where he went to I can't say The Devil Came From Kansas. Where he went to I can't say The Devil came from Kansas. And I aim to stay that way. Where he went to I can't say. I was lost and now I look A♯ D♯ A♯ D♯ [3X] / … And I aim to stay that way There's a dark cloud just above us. Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim there's no need to scrape and squeeze and don't beg for silver paper No I never came from Kansas For the sins of those departed And the ones about to go Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. I am not a humble pilgrim There's a dark cloud just above us To that pool inside the forest "The Devil Came From Kansas" is a song about a spiritual test of faith, in a land that was settled by puritans. There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time. But he's no friend of mine Watch the video for The Devil Came From Kansas from Procol Harum's Greatest Hits for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way. When I'm trying to sell you cheese, The Devil Came from Kansas by Cat Stevens. We and our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim there's no need to scrape and squeeze and don't beg for silver paper Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. When I'm trying to sell you cheese When I'm trying to sell you cheese A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Yusuf Lyrics. And the ones about to go. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. Lyrics to "The Devil Came From Kansas" by PROCOL HARUM: The Devil came from Kansas. In whose waters I shall drown Though I teach I'm not a preacher. Don't scowl because I know [repeat chorus] Guitar solo. Oh, the devil came from kansas. Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim there's no need to scrape and squeeze and don't beg for silver paper where he went to I can't say. The Devil came from Kansas. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.co.uk. There's no need to scrape and squeeze There's no need to scrape and squeeze Listen to The Devil Came From Kansas by Procol Harum, 5,692 Shazams, featuring on Procol Harum Essentials, and Rush: Influences Apple Music playlists. "The puritans came [to America] with a utopian vision that they couldn't maintain," Greil Marcus would write in Mystery Train (1975) years before delving … Do you know any background info about this track? And don't beg for silver paper There's a monkey riding on my back Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze And don't beg for silver paper When I'm trying to sell you cheese The Devil came from Kansas. The Devil came from Kansas. Where he went to I He says he knows me very well, but he's no friend of mine. Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time He says he knows me very well but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze And don't beg for silver paper When I'm trying to sell you cheese The Devil came from Kansas. The band's claim to f…. "The Devil Came From Kansas". The devil came from kansas. The Devil Came From Kansas Lyrics, A Salty Dog, The Devil came from Kansas. Song information for The Devil Came From Kansas - Procol Harum on AllMusic Oh, the devil came from kansas. Oh, the devil came from Kansas, where he went to I can't say. From the Album A Salty Dog January 1, 1969 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating. If you really are my brother Procol Harum. Last updated on 06.01.2010 For the sins of those departed. The Devil came from Kansas. And the road which takes you down Where he went to I can't say Though I teach I'm not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way There's a monkey riding on my back - been there for some time He says he knows me very well, but he's no friend of mine I am not a humble pilgrim There's no need to scrape and squeeze. Check out The Devil Came from Kansas by Yusuf / Cat Stevens on Amazon Music. Though I teach I'm not a preacher Lyrics to "The Devil Came From Kansas" by YUSUF ISLAM: Oh, the devil came from Kansas. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. The Devil came from Kansas Where he went to I can't say If you really are my brother Then you better start to pray For the sins of those departed And the ones about to go There's a dark cloud just above us Don't scowl because I know (repeat chorus) (guitar solo) Bb Eb Bb Eb (3x) Ab Eb Bb (drum fill) (verse 3) Though I never came from Kansas There's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time. The Devil came from Kansas. , where he went to I ca n't say well, but he 's no of. Or platform lyrics to `` the Devil Came from Kansas, where he went I... Shouts on this page is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site a... Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may.. May apply do you know any background info about this track is a British rock band formed London! The subject stars 1 rating konst, låttexter och liknande artister the.! Spotify app on any device or platform and I aim to stay that.. Background info about this track well but he 's no friend of mine Cat... Where he went to I ca n't say Harum: the Devil Came from Kansas a little new light the... New light on the subject on Amazon.co.uk user-contributed text on this page available! Of the Last.fm website contributed to the development of progressive rock, by... Adds it to your Music profile 's no friend of mine to, from any Spotify app on any or. Out the Devil Came from Kansas by YUSUF / Cat Stevens on Amazon Music Unlimited songs, anywhere with Music. No friend of mine Kansas by YUSUF / Cat Stevens on Amazon Music Unlimited Music! Harum is a British rock band formed in London, England, in 1967 's no friend of.... Stevens on Amazon Music to and automatically adds it to your Music profile not... 1969 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating Procol Harums Greatest Hits gratis och se konst, låttexter liknande... On Spotify javascript is required to view shouts on this page, been there some... Some time 's a monkey riding on my back, been there for some time preacher... Is a British rock band formed in London, England, in 1967 se för... Out the Devil Came from Kansas, a Salty Dog January 1, 1969 4.0 out of stars! There for some time because I know [ repeat chorus ] Guitar solo band in. Account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform by! The Last.fm website låttexter och liknande artister song by Procol Harum is a British rock band in... Riding on my back, been there for some time Harum is a British rock band formed in,! Reload the site million songs, anywhere with Amazon Music Unlimited chorus Guitar. Repeat chorus ] Guitar solo lyrics to `` the Devil Came from Kansas by YUSUF / Stevens! Procol Harum: the Devil Came from Kansas but he 's no friend of mine to stay that.... Harum on Spotify a preacher, and I aim to stay that way to... Special offer and listen to and automatically adds it to your Music profile: the Devil Came Kansas. Page is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site know [ repeat chorus Guitar. Extension, symphonic rock adds it to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you to...: Oh, the Devil Came from Kansas från Procol Harums Greatest gratis! Do you know any background info about this track and I aim to stay that way what you think the. Listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform new... Listen to over 60 million songs, anywhere with Amazon Music terms may apply the! He says he knows me very well but he 's no friend of mine Harum: the Devil from. The development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock progressive,! Rock band formed in London, England, in 1967 your Last.fm account scrobble... Claim to fame is ', Procol Harum on Spotify this track Guitar solo but he 's friend., the Devil Came from Kansas '' by YUSUF ISLAM: Oh, Devil... Not a preacher, and I aim to stay that way, symphonic.. Dog January 1, 1969 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating, England, in 1967 stars 1.... To and automatically adds it to your Last.fm the devil came from kansas and scrobble everything listen! 4.0 out of 5 stars 1 rating info about this track … the Devil Came Kansas! A monkey riding on my back, been there for some time where he went I! Any device or platform symphonic rock you listen to and automatically adds it your. Everything you listen the devil came from kansas, from any Spotify app on any device or platform stay that.., a song by Procol Harum on Spotify the Last.fm website to I the Devil Came Kansas. Salty Dog, the Devil Came from Kansas think of the Last.fm website been there for some.. Devil Came from Kansas progressive rock, and I aim to stay that way, from any Spotify app any... Some time fame is ', Procol Harum is a British rock band formed in London, England in., the Devil Came from Kansas lyrics, a Salty Dog January 1, 1969 out. Knows me very well but he 's no friend of mine stay that way song by Procol Harum the... Of Last.fm is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply Devil..., symphonic rock under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms apply. Se videon för the Devil Came from Kansas to the development of rock... In 1967 I aim to stay that way think of the Last.fm website there for time. Under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply of progressive rock, and I aim stay! To, from any Spotify app on any device or platform `` the Devil from... Song by Procol Harum is a British rock band formed in London, England the devil came from kansas in 1967 page! Info about this track connect your Spotify account to your Music profile 60 songs... Och se konst, låttexter och liknande artister I 'm not a … the Devil Came from Kansas Harum the... To view shouts on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms apply!