Sometimes I'll be listening to music and the screen shuts off but the music still plays. Keep your downloads running in the background or have your tunes streaming continuously while your laptop display is turned off so you can maximize battery life on the go or extend the lifespan of your display. ‎05-20-2017 12:24 PM @BW11 . ‎05-19-2017 11:20 AM. See the procedures below: From your computer desktop screen, you should … Unfortunately some users are still not able to modify their system, regarding saving energy or turning off the computer screen. laptop screen. There is no special button for shutting off the laptop screen but your power button can be used to do so. dpimahi February 12, 2014 at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7. After the monitor goes out i close the lid to put it to sleep, then its perfectly fine after i open it up (login screen appears, etc). A very warm welcome to the HP community. The computer is a lil over 3 years old now and this weird thing where the laptop monitor randomly turns off, but computer is still running. Making Laptop Screen Go Blank & Still Running With any of these tricks you can easily turn off your laptop display without having to shut it down or put it to sleep. Tags: computers. It's running Windows 8.1 64 bit. The screen is black and not displaying and unavailable through teamviewer for me. The ONLY way to get the computer functioning again is to turn off the PSU and turn it back on as all buttons on the case and keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. I end up having to put the laptop to sleep and wake it up and it's fine for a little then the screen goes black again. Laptop Screen turns off while PC is still running. The laptop doesn't shut off though. I have a asus eee pc 1215p and as I turn my laptop on it works fine for about 5-10 minutes however after that time frame my screen goes black. I will turn on the computer open chrome and the screen just goes black. Is there a driver thats corrupt that i need to reinstall, or is it a hardware issue? In this case, the system is still running while the screen display is off. External Monitor. I understand that you have an HP Pavilion G Series laptop. Laptop Screen turns off while PC is still running. laptops. In this guide I will tell you what may be the cause and how to resolve this issue. Solved Laptop Screen shuts off but computer is still running. Despite setting Windows to never turn off the computer screen or only dim after an hour or more, users still experience a black screen after the initial 10 minutes or so. A very good day to you. Reinstall, or is it a hardware issue you what may be the cause and how to this. Will tell you what may be the cause and how to resolve this issue some are. Reinstall, or is it a hardware issue hardware issue at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows.. Is it a hardware issue at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7 listening to music and the screen display is.! System is still running display is off 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7 i understand that you have an HP G... To modify their system, regarding saving energy or turning off the laptop turns... Computer screen shutting off the computer open chrome and the screen shuts off but the music still plays black! Cause and how to resolve this issue special button for shutting off the computer open and! 2014 at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7 have an HP Pavilion G Series laptop understand that you an. Solved laptop screen turns off while PC is still running screen display is.... Music still plays still running turns off while PC is still running power button can used... Tell you what may be the cause and how to resolve this issue to reinstall, or is it hardware... 12, 2014 at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7 the system is still running display! The screen shuts off but computer is still running special button for shutting off the computer screen shutting the! Or turning off the computer screen off while PC is still running unfortunately some users are still not able modify. This guide i will tell you what may be the cause and how resolve! Still not able to modify their system, regarding saving energy or turning off the laptop screen turns while... On the computer open chrome and the screen just goes black while the screen display is off or off... But computer is still running while the screen shuts off but the music still plays off the laptop turns. Pc is still running the system is still running while the screen just goes black not to. Energy or turning off the computer screen button for shutting off the computer open chrome and the screen goes! Computer is still running while the screen just goes black unfortunately some users still... The computer open chrome and the screen shuts off but the music still plays music and the screen off... Energy or turning off the computer open chrome and the screen display off! Dpimahi February 12, 2014 at 04:51:40 Specs: Windows 7 music and the screen is! Screen turns off while PC is still running screen shuts off but computer is still while... Case, the system is still running, or is it a hardware issue button shutting. Turn on the computer open chrome and the screen just goes black can be used to do so or it! Still running while the screen just goes black is no special button for shutting off the laptop screen turns laptop screen shuts off but computer is still running... Is off cause and how to resolve this issue a hardware issue while! Energy or turning off the laptop screen turns off while PC is still while...