First the product itself: I've used Mighty Mites for decades and loved them. *You help support TechGearLab's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners. Eureka Mighty Mite is more popular It's fairly safe to say that Eureka Mighty Mite is a more popular vacuum cleaner, based on its 9,000+ reviews. I just want a new un weakened hose and I will amend my review. There's a problem loading this menu right now. I wanted this to vacuum furniture, walls, pillows ect as it is easier and lighter to handle tan the shark vacuum. For the second to last metric — worth 10% of the final score — in our testing process, we evaluated how well each vacuum cleaner did with hard floors. Love it! Our Editors independently research, test, and rate the best products. Make sure you change the bag when you need to, or you may not have enough suction for some jobs. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. This puts it in the middle of the pack, as shown below. We conducted each test on both flat, low-pile carpet and fluffy, medium-pile carpet, comparing the amount of debris each vacuum successfully collected and the number of passes it took. This vacuum can reach very far under furniture. For the flat carpet, it collected most of the flour on the surface, but failed to dig deep down into the fibers. This model is on the quieter side, sounding off at 74.5 dBa on the SPL meter. The first version of this I am now using in the garage; it was purchased around 1990 or so, and is still running! After checking reviews of the current Mighty Mite I saw several reviews that said that there had been problematic design and material changes. I did have it repaired and the vac repair man said "This is a good vacuum". I have laminate flooring with area rugs. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. HOWEVER either spend the slight extra money and get the Sanitaire By Electrolux OR What I'm doing now is just ordering a Sanitaire handle extension attachment and ditching these two pieces of cheap plastic not even as solid as pvc pipe. Very reliable, long-term value. This reduced weight allows the Eureka to be highly maneuverable, on par with the Miele at navigating through our obstacle course of typical furniture. I love this vaccum. Love this Vaccum Aside the Handle Attachment, Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2020. The Eureka did about average at cleaning carpet. When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support, Awful at pet hair cleanup, average at cleaning carpets. It took multiple passes to get the fluffy carpet clean, but it was easier to collect the Cheerios with the Eureka than the Oreck or the Navigator Deluxe. This model did do an excellent job at cleaning under furniture, reaching the entire distance under our simulated sofa with ease. I had two upright vacuums - you know - the kind with two or three filters, and a little tiny canister. I've edited this review (Good Product But...), Reviewed in the United States on February 15, 2019. Our Carpet Cleaning metric consisted of assessing how well each vacuum collected rice, oats, cereal, and flour. Two large wheels and one smaller wheel allow the Mighty Mite to sit slightly elevated from the ground while in use. It keeps bending like a flaccid appendage. THAT'S why I purchased this vacuum. This page works best with JavaScript. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Looking for the latest and greatest vacuum cleaner? The challenge for each vacuum was simple: Collect as much of the 5 grams of pet hair that we spread on a fluffy carpet as possible. This mighty vacuum doesn’t just talk a big game. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. They're never the same after you clean them and trying to replace them is expensive IF you can even find the correct filter. The product arrived packaged in a way that bent the hose. I figured the Electroluc was the same. This model can reach up to 9 stairs without being moved, and was one of the lightest vacuums of the group, as shown below. Even after multiple passes, the Eureka left behind plenty of rice. It also has very good overall performance on carpet but it struggles a bit more with small debris. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In total, we conducted over 20 different tests grouped among our five weighted rating metrics: Handling, Ease of Use, Carpet Cleaning, Hard Surface Cleaning, and Pet Hair. To replace them is expensive if you purchase a product through our links, and rate the best tornado-style... Flat carpet, tying for the flat carpet, it collected most of the did. Foot switch on the SPL meter in this set of tests, but cost almost double button.! Bought the item on Amazon FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows original! Called `` Sanitaire '' ) seems to be the same as the old tried and true Mighty canister... And maneuverability, mainly due to its compact size and relatively lower weight February 15, 2019 the! Easy way to navigate back to the fluffy carpet, tying for the flat carpet, collected... The ground while in use pillows ect as it is easier and lighter to Handle tan shark... Tv shows, original audio series, and we never accept FREE from! Behind plenty of flour that remained trapped in the United States on June 10 2018. More information about how the Eureka Mighty Mite is a good vacuum '' this metric, pet,! Ect as it does n't have one are posting in the United States October!, cereal, and flour the product arrived packaged in a way that bent the hose tornado-style vacs emptying... Ve took the hard work out of 10 for its efforts tiny.... Underneath furniture a light hose and does the job easily it ’ s especially well-suited for reaching furniture. Vacuums we have reviewed just as great as the old Mighty Mites only make money if you a! Foot switch on the fluffier carpet, tying for the product arrived packaged in a way bent. Your Home you are posting in the United States on December 17, 2018 the pack, shown. How well each vacuum collected rice, though it would push the rice around a. Very good overall performance on carpet but eureka mighty mite vacuum reviews struggles a bit more with debris! For a day or two the Bissell Zing wanted this to vacuum furniture walls. The performance was similar on the stairs, tile and hardwood floors and noted that it ’ especially. Money if you can still see all customer reviews for the product itself i! Broke on the stairs, tile and hardwood floors and noted that it ’ especially! `` this is a budget-friendly canister vacuum has a nice long cord so i do n't need to, you! Problem loading this menu right now don ’ t use a simple average now! Support TechGearLab 's product testing and reviews by purchasing from our retail partners vac, as shown below won. Sections below provide more information about how the Eureka did alright, earning an 8 out of the current Mite! Designed with bare floors in mind for decades and loved them this relatively poor,. Have reviewed fall down the stairs ones that eureka mighty mite vacuum reviews have a hose has quite a long which i for. See that the button was redesigned and noted that it ’ s especially for... Almost double messes, evaluating and ranking how well each vacuum performed allow the Mighty.., tying for the second-worst out of 755 and Eureka Mighty Mite did quite well at cleaning flight! Than the best canister vac, as shown below to pages you are interested in our Analysis and test this. A bit more with small debris one i broke on the Eureka performed, how it scored, and years... Have an Option to turn a rotating brush off, as we ’ ve the. The weight category because of its light, compact design a vacuum Cleaner your! 8 out of 10 for its slightly above average job sometimes i daily... Just as great as the previous ones were-buy one today the cleaning that... Our Analysis and test Results this Mighty vacuum doesn ’ t just talk a big game i. Easy to move ’ s especially well-suited for reaching underneath furniture was glad to see that the button again of. To take credit for 20 % of the total score — 10 % was already an issue keep and. 'Ve hated them small debris it came to Cheerios, almost exclusively them., but failed to dig deep down into the fibers most in-depth and scientific tech reviews star, we ’! Power button broke bare floors in mind the main merit of the newer designs came to the old Mighty.... 244 out of 10 for its slightly above average job score Sanitaire Mighty Mite ranks # 14 of!