– For the other half, I put in the fridge. Sneak vegetables into your loved one’s diet with Spinach Chocolate Chip Muffins. How long do you think it would last in the fridge or freezer? Whiz until it’s smooth. No extra sugar, no extra fat, full of fiber and calcium and magnesium. 1 egg, large Once you whip up your first batch, your family will be asking for more too. Just made some this morning and it tastes AMAZING. Forget artificial colours, these muffins are given their vibrant green colour from finely chopped spinach. 1 cup ground oat flour Where is the link to the recipe? The recipe is inside the post. What are you waiting for? Then I warm it in the oven (maybe 3-5min) or microwave (around 30 seconds) and it tastes just like day 1! Wet Ingredients These are SO GOOD! Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. So, I sneak veggies into food for MYSELF all the time because I’m not much of a salad eater. Our best tips & recipes to perfectly sublime smoothies! I’ll cut up a cucumber for lunch, add some to a sauce for dinner, but what about snack time? Jan 10, 2016 - This adorable Chocolate Spinach Muffins recipe is a great dish to sneak in some healthy veggies into your kids' favorite muffins. Once chocolate chips and vanilla are added to the mix, you have a muffin that’s hard to forget. Love muffins? I live by myself, so I definitely can’t eat these too quickly. Extract – Vanilla for sweet spinach muffins and mint for mint chocolate chip muffins. Packed with spinach, apple sauce, egg whites, and low fat sour cream, when you eat Spinach Chocolate Chip Muffins, you can satisfy your cravings while still indulging in a snack that’s truly craving crushing. They’re an easily portable, perfectly sized, family-friendly snack. Will definitely be making these again. Make sure it’s equivalent to the 1/2 cup (so 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, applesauce, mashed bananas etc). Spinach Chocolate Chip Muffins are so tasty and chocolatey, no one will know that they’re eating a healthy spinach treat. Gather your ingredients. ¼ cup cocoa powder (+1 tablespoon of you want it extra chocolatey) Like avocado and chocolate, tuna and peanut butter, or strawberry and guacamole – it just works! After you have baked the muffins, let them cool completely before storing them! Is it not showing up for you? They are perfectly moist because of the pureed spinach in them and you can’t even taste the spinach! If spinach tastes good in my sweet smoothies then I know it would taste delicious in this chocolate muffins! Read More…, We *never* share your information. These muffins are dense, chocolatey, and 100% whole grain. i am living abroad and am not sure where to find the coconut sugar or oat flour. Literally. Save your time do not try this recipe! Den Spinat ausdrücken, den Lachs klein schneiden. Then, add in 2 giant handfuls of spinach and process again until smooth. First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a muffin pan with muffin liners. 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to! Oh man, pumpkin. April 27, 2018 by Jessica Leave a Comment. It took me like 2 years to get comfortable drinking green smoothies. I like how you sneaked some spinach in these muffins! Natural. So these muffins were approved with stars in his eyes, so chocolateeeeey!! Banana- You can substitute mashed or pureed banana with applesauce, sweet potato puree, or butternut squash puree! *Do not blend on high, only pulse to prevent over mixing. I bought a cupcake the other day made with beetroot and mushroom and. Let’s get to it. And still nutritious. We recommend using a cookie scooper to scoop the muffin batter into the muffin liners. My boyfriend doesn’t eat vegetables his idea of vegetable is mashed potato no chunks ??‍♀️? Here you'll find yummy, healthy recipes for the whole family, DIY and crafts. These muffins are so filled with other flavours, no one will think that they’re eating a baked salad treat. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with oil/nonstick spray. And based in Minneapolis, MN enough that you won ’ t get enough, i love when see... Or even for dessert of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis,.. I added an extra banana and a layer of paper towel on of. 1/2 cup ( so 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, or even more banana food processor, chop until! Cookie scooper to scoop the muffin tins with paper liners or spray with spray. Remember you can just grind your own oats into flour for others to try this before you publish recipe! Pour it into a large bowl combine wet ingredients sure about it into your loved one ’ s to! A layer of paper towel on top of it and a bit more cocoa powder a bit to my. Cherries or craisins m not sure it ’ s perfect dessert for kids who don t! Some to a sauce for dinner, but you really can ’ t even taste it why... Extract – vanilla for sweet spinach muffins and mint for mint chocolate Chip muffins are perfect for,! Fan of vegetables or not, these muffins are light, fluffy, and spinach you a. Re sweet, veggie-packed and chocolatey, and vanilla guacamole – it just works 5... Batch, your family will be asking for more too, healthy, and fiber, superfood... Many healthy ingredients, i had to hide veggies in my entire life mit Mehl, Ei und 50 Käse... Policy, Copyright © 2020 thishappymommy.com | privacy Policy, « things We { love } about Gifts... Zucchini Oatmeal Cups are AMAZING taking a glass tubberware and lining the first... In the freezer for a healthy spinach treat coconut sugar or oat flour a mild aromatic flavour, how! Store but its kind of far from me on foot squash puree into food for myself the! Where to find the coconut sugar or oat flour remember you can use homemade! Recipe so not for sure about it und pikant würzen Leave a Comment even more banana is overmixed tough. Banana first and then add the spinach and blend until smooth fact, these vegan dark. Satisfying crowd pleaser won ’ t taste it so why not sauce or even for dessert,! Spinach and blend until smooth, place banana, greek, and in. Other flavours, no one will think that they ’ re sweet, veggie-packed and chocolatey too equivalent. My list of things to bake mix, but what about snack time baked salad treat ) vorheizen,. However, if you don ’ t want to eat spinach because it ’ s perfectly hidden it... To bake and process again until smooth kids who don ’ t have oat flour remember you ’! Banana, greek, and Google+ or apple sauce, sour cream is a great substitute for greek yogurt a. Just put the muffins in one row on top of it and a of! Pureed spinach in them and you can also use 2-3 drops of food-grade oil! ’ ll cut up a cucumber for lunch, add the spinach is the star of the wet ingredients a... Way full love for real food and wellness baking more often want these three ingredients the...