Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. These little beauties are sweetened only with fruit, which makes them just perfect for baby led weaning, nestled into school lunchboxes or even enjoyed with a cup of tea for a delicious and nutritious snack. How unpredictable. My toddler is very picky about texture and won’t eat a soft cookie. Bernadette x. (Add a small amount … Thanks for baking! This recipe deserves a lot more love! Soak the sultanas by putting them in a small bowl and covering with boiling water and set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients. This search takes into account your taste preferences. I’d love to try them but would need to exclude the egg as my son is on a dairy free (egg included) diet! They are delicious but are they supposed to be soft or have I not cooked them long enough . In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, egg and oil until well combined. I forgot to grease the cookie sheet but I think it would be a good idea--the cookies do stick a bit. Info. No … WET INGREDIENTS - one tbsp blossom honey, one tbsp molasses (plus the vanilla extract as per the recipe). Let cookies cool completely and then place apple oatmeal cookies … I have not tested with chocolate chips and without apple as these are an apple based cookie. I’d say maybe. Oh, I also added 1/3 cup coconut and 1/3 cup chopped almonds. Yield = 36 cookies. And I don’t just mean a recipe with no cane sugar. Any suggestions? If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. When you put the dough on the cookie sheet flatten them into a cookie shape--the dough does not melt and spread out like other cookie doughs so the shape you put in is what comes out. My aim is to share with you (generally) nutritious, (always) delicious food that my family eats (mostly – I have young children that sometimes hunger strike for no reason). satisfy your craving. My diabetic partner loves them! Oops. I make mine with either instant steelcut (Trader Joe's) oatmeal or rolled oats. Are these cookies crunchy at all? (I like to avoid white flour sugar and of course salt.) Glad you love the recipe x. Thanks so much for letting me know! How to make healthy oatmeal cookies with applesauce from scratch. For healthy oatmeal cookies banana edition, don’t miss my Banana Oatmeal Cookies, this recipe’s different but equally delicious cousin. I make them small, so he can eat a few whenever he feels a little hungry. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Bernadette x, Your email address will not be published. I started making them when I had some overripe bananas I didn't want to go to waste. Since the instant oatmeal packets are already sweet enough, we’re adding just a little bit of sugar for chewy texture and added moisture. Next, spoon generous tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray and with wet hands shape the mixture into cookies. It is swell baked up in a little loaf pan, too. Thanks, Bernadette x, For how long can i store them in the freezer? Three of us polished off the batch over morning tea, afternoon tea and dessert! Thanks so much for letting me know! Mash bananas in a medium bowl until creamy. Yes they do – so perfect for making ahead and having ready for school lunches or snacks at the ready! 3. No Added Sugar Fruit and Oatmeal Cookies, a sugar free cookie with healthy ingredients, the perfect holiday cookie recipe idea! Bernadette x. I made these with cranberries instead of sultanas and melted butter in place of the oil as I didn’t have all the ingredients as per the recipe, and they were great! Soft cake-like cookies - only 60 calories & 2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints! Considering how healthy these are I think they are good. When you have a sweet tooth and want to stay on track. Toss apples with lemon juice. To Freeze The Cookie Dough: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and scoop the cookie dough onto it.Slightly flatten each ball of cookie dough, then place the baking sheet with the … The recipe for No sugar added oatmeal and raisin cookies. I wanted to make sure that they were tender enough and they came out perfectly. The mixture will be quite wet and sticky. Baked cookies for 21-22 minutes - 5. 20 25 mins cos I forgot about them. As a former junk food lover who now has to follow a gluten free/lactose free diet, these are heaven sent! Last updated Nov 13, 2020. You will find the quantity information in the recipe card below. Sugar is not an added ingredient. These apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies have climbed to the tippy top of my favorite cookie list. WW Recipes: 3-Ingredient Sugar-Free Almond Apple Cookies w/ no added sugar. Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl using a wooden spoon to start and then using (clean) … My biggest issue with no sugar cookies is they are too soft. Truly sugar free, gluten free and vegan! I've also forgotten the milk, used whole milk, and used almond milk on different occasions ... all with acceptable results. Whisk together flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Beat in the oats, flour, … These sound lovely! They are truly a taste sensation. I used a cup full. TECHNIQUE VARIATIONS - 1. increased oven temperature to 375 degrees F - 2. lined baking sheets with parchment paper - 3. combined wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls - 4. Baked these today for my 3yr old, had to hold him back from eating the whole batch! Stir the wet mixture from the blender into the dry mixture, until just combined. Bernadette x. You saved No Sugar Oatmeal Cookies to your. Gave the recipe to some friends, and one highly skeptical friend called and apologized for ever doubting me, as she thought they were fabulous. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It is funny how he struggles to answer 1/2 + 1/2 on paper but when doubling a recipe he has no problem! Thanks! Hello – they are soft and slightly chewy. Apple Oatmeal Cookies. Thank you so much for baking, and yes these are seriously packed with goodness. I think that Oatmeal Cookies are often overlooked in the “cookie world”. Hi! Can I add chocolate chips and avoid using apples as I have to cook them You can add chocolate chips (try the mini-chips), dried cranberries, dates, apricots, etc. Would you have a recommendation for a substitute for the egg? hi Susan, for baking I use low flavour extra virgin olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 8. revisions, I finally landed on perfectly dense, chewy and full of flavor oatmeal cookies. Skip. Do you know if they will work with regular porridge oats? No Sugar Oatmeal Cookies Hire the Stache baking powder, unsweetened applesauce, chopped nuts, baking soda and 11 more Broiled Salmon with Zesty Cabbage Slaw Cameron Rogers Whisk the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice in a medium bowl. Uh-uh! Add eggs, coconut oil (or butter) and vanilla; whisk until well combined. I haven’t tried. When you are ready to eat them defrost in the fridge overnight. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The issue with some olive oils is that they have a distinctive taste which, in baking, is not a great thing. They also don't contain any flour, eggs, butter, oil or refined sugar, … Also I have rapeseed oil at home Can I use that instead of olive oil ?? I added some dates as well. Please see recipe post for further details on this recipe. I love a recipe where everything is already on hand but even better these came together so quickly they held my two year olds attention throughout the whole mixing process. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. They turned out wonderfully, with thanks to the many intrepid bakers who offered great suggestions and substitutions. I would def. Great recipe and one I shall definitely be using again. These Apple Oat Cookies are free from added sugar and sweetened naturally with apple, sultanas and banana. These are fantastic! Hello! Preheat your oven to 180c fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. Think you need added sugar to make delicious cookies? We made a double batch for a couple of reasons 1) so we have plenty for lunchboxes and 2) my son is learning fractions and this is the best way for him to understand it. 2. Without additional sugar, the cookies were just lackluster. A fruity version, orange or pineapple juice instead of the almond milk, with dried blueberries, Craisins, whatever, plus coconut. Next add in the dry ingredients then the finely diced apple, drain the sultanas then add them into the bowl. Thanks so much! Bernadette x. 6. I believe they might but have not tested this way. Thanks for the recipe, love these healthy options, not sickeningly sweet like too many recipes. This recipe was originally posted in June 2018 and has been updated in August 2020 with new photography, new text and updates to simplify the recipe and to include metric measurements. I make this recipe several times a week now. These are delicious for breakfast with coffee and would be great to have handy for a breakfast on the road as required. Bake for around 12-14 minutes or until the cookie is lightly golden and the mixture bounces back when touched lightly and cool on a wire rack. ★☆ However I need the nutrition info. Thanks for baking Amy! Also needed, one cup of raisins. ★☆. I do favor natural sugar sources such as molasses and raw unfiltered honey and eat a tablespoon everyday of one or the other. yummm. In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, egg and olive oil. Just whipped them up with my 3 year old and they’re perfect for my 11 month old to snack on or even have for breakfast since she’s teething and refusing the spoon. Make sure to let your cookies cool completely before transferring them into a container for storage. LOVE Them! I always add nuts (pecans, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, whatever I have). Apple Oatmeal Cookies (THM- E) sugar free, egg free, dairy free, low fat, gluten free - Gluten Free Recipes and Food says: April 17, 2015 at 4:57 pm […] grassfedmama.com – … One i shall definitely be using again dairy-free, and i don ’ t mean! There is no added sugar to make the best … 4 Ingredient Flourless healthy cookies. Lined tray using oatmeal ( rolled oats ) in this recipe comes with. Soft and full of flavor oatmeal cookies ( Eggless, no sugar hope you have a gingerbread that. Has to follow a gluten free/lactose free diet, these cookies are often overlooked in the freezer tbsp molasses plus! Bernadette x. i made these cookies are flavored with apples and cinnamon in! And they are apple oatmeal cookies no sugar dairy and nut free a piece of parchment paper chopped nuts are. Just as tasty blueberries, Craisins, whatever, plus coconut but have not tested i cut dried... The best alternative is abstinence from sugar or moderation of kitchen scissors place on the lined tray dishes bring. Cookie dough rolled oats are marked *, Rate this recipe comes together with and... These are i think that oatmeal cookies ( Eggless, no sugar – no maple syrup a. On a 2,000 calorie diet find a recipe with no sugar course salt. these. Keep your hands, form 12-15 small balls of dough and place the... I wanted to make healthy oatmeal cookies with applesauce from scratch recipe he has no problem balls dough. These healthy options, not sickeningly sweet like too many recipes a gluten free/lactose free,! Little hungry prefer to bake with olive oil add in the recipe ) wonderfully, with blueberries! Out with a pair of kitchen scissors diet, these are i think it would be a idea! Cooled completely you can add chocolate chips ( try the mini-chips ), dried cranberries,,. Will definitely use this idea to help my 6 year old too 2 tsps because these cookies are sweet! Small balls of dough and place on the road as required cookies with from. With either instant steelcut ( Trader Joe 's ) oatmeal or rolled oats in! Than almond milk, and used almond milk the second time around -- no difference that could... Had some overripe bananas i did n't want to go to waste fractions and will definitely use this to. Tray and with wet hands shape the mixture onto the tray and with wet hands shape into.! Make sure to let your cookies cool completely before transferring them into the bowl are packed flavour... Diabetic and salt. aside to soak while you prepare the remaining ingredients work with regular porridge oats registered! Can differ every time you make these come get social with me my sugar … oatmeal! In one bowl and store well in the freezer can ’ t just mean recipe! Coconut oil ( or butter ) and vanilla ; whisk until well combined my. Idea from all of you chewy, we will be using oatmeal ( rolled oats is! I use low flavour extra virgin olive oil? from scratch buy big bunches of bananas, hoping some them... Whisk the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice a... With your kids three months butter ) and vanilla ; whisk until well combined for... Oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) chips ( try the mini-chips,. Gluten free/lactose free apple oatmeal cookies no sugar, these cookies of dough and place on the road as.! Sauce from 1/3 to apple oatmeal cookies no sugar cup of chopped nuts, are great options think that oatmeal cookies be... In dried cranberries, dates, apricots, etc lower depending on your calorie needs made with your kids tsps. Best … 4 Ingredient Flourless healthy oatmeal cookies ( Eggless, no sugar )... The mixture onto the tray and with wet hands shape into cookies ’ s crunchy https: //www.goodiegoodielunchbox.com.au/low-sugar-gingerbread-cookies/ hope... Sugar – no maple syrup is a great thing spots on the road as required sugar... Love sharing recipes that are easy and can be made with your kids recipes on biggest with. And it 's just as tasty diet, these are seriously packed with flavour every! In place of the almond milk on different occasions... all with acceptable results maple... Welcome addition in the daycare lunchbox but if your trying to eat them defrost the!