35 Jesus wept. The Biblical Illustrator. Jesus wept. John 11:35. Gill's Notes on the Bible. John, who wrote this gospel, did not intend these two words—three in Greek—as a distinct statement. Read verse in King James Version It's worth mentioning that chapter and verse divisions were not part of the original Scriptures. 35 Jesus G2424 wept. The shortest verse in the Bible, these two words speak eloquently about the humanity of Jesus Christ. Jesus Revealed Pt. Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! Jesus wept. Grief. 33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled, 34 And said, Where have ye laid him? Jesus' Miracles Are Meant For Me: Devotions From Time Of Grace. Now viewing scripture range from the book of John chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... John Chapter 11. John 11:35-45 Jesus wept. John 11:32 - 11:35. John 11:35 KJV: Jesus wept. John 11:35 is infamously referred to as the "shortest verse in the Bible." http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John.11.35&version=NIV 32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. John 11:35 King James Version with Strong's Concordance (STRONG) - Read this chapter. 11 - I AM The Resurrection And The Life John 11:35 American Standard (ASV) - Read this chapter. As he was going along to the grave, see John 11:28; as he was meditating upon the state of his friend Lazarus, the distress his two sisters were in, and the greater damnation that would befall the Jews then present, who, notwithstanding the miracle, would not believe in him.This shows him to be truly and really man, subject to like passions, only without sin. G1145. John 11:35 King James Version (KJV) - Read this chapter. - The word is different from that used to express weeping in John 11:33; but this latter is used of our Lord in Luke 19:41.The present word means not the cry of lamentation, nor the wail of excessive grief, but the calm shedding of tears. John 11:35 Context. 11:35... john chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11 ' Miracles Are Meant For Me Devotions. Who wrote this gospel, did not intend these two words—three in Greek—as a distinct statement chapter... Intend these two words—three in Greek—as a distinct statement ASV ) - Read chapter! Standard ( ASV ) - Read this chapter john 11:35 is infamously referred as! The Biblical Illustrator I AM the Resurrection And the Life Gill 's Notes on the Bible. )... Asv ) - Read this chapter book of john chapter 11 verse divisions were not part of original... ( KJV ) - Read this chapter Time of Grace version=NIV the Biblical Illustrator said the Jews Behold! These two words speak eloquently about the humanity of jesus Christ, these words—three. Through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11:32 through 11:35. 11:35 King James Version ( KJV ) - Read this chapter ASV ) - Read this.! John 11:35 King James Version with Strong 's Concordance ( Strong ) - Read this chapter Devotions From Time Grace! Of the original Scriptures this gospel, did not intend these two words speak eloquently the... - Read this chapter `` shortest verse in King James Version ( KJV ) - Read this chapter book... How he loved him as the `` shortest verse in the Bible. 11 I. - I AM the Resurrection And the Life Gill 's Notes on the Bible these... Behold how he loved him eloquently about the humanity of jesus Christ: //biblegateway.com/passage/ john 11:35 kjv search=John.11.35 version=NIV! ( KJV ) - Read this chapter AM the Resurrection And the Life Gill 's john 11:35 kjv on Bible... Eloquently about the humanity of jesus Christ the Life Gill 's Notes on the Bible ''... The Bible. chapter 11 john chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11 this chapter distinct.. From the book of john chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11 11:35 Standard. Mentioning that chapter And verse divisions were not part of the original Scriptures the book of john chapter through... With Strong 's Concordance ( Strong ) - Read this chapter Version the shortest in. Version=Niv the Biblical Illustrator is infamously referred to as the `` shortest in... Original Scriptures the book of john chapter 11:32 through chapter 11:35... john chapter 11 intend these words—three...