The Best Guitar Preamp Pedal Shootout – Elevate Your Tone! Fingerstyle can be relatively simple and easy to play, but can become complex quite quickly. The best fingerpicking guitar will always be a personal choice, but I really love the Seagull S6 as a pure acoustic option. Specifications such as the width of the neck at the nut, the string action and the overall responsiveness to the player’s touch all need to be factored in for comfortable playability. That helps with the overall playability for fingerstyle as well. Choosing among the many options for fingerstyle guitars can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you don’t know what you should be looking for. Lower action on your strings makes it easier to shift chords and it improves overall playability. Not all acoustic guitars suit fingerpicking, though. If you’re looking for a budget acoustic guitar that plays well and sounds good, the CD-60S V2 Acoustic Guitar Pack from Fender definitely fills that bill. The overall playability and tone is pretty impressive considering the price. This guitar may be small, but it still packs a punch. An acoustic guitar may be better suited for the job but, again, it comes down to personal preference. Overall, considering everything that comes with this guitar bundle, it’s offers excellent value. Looking for some other great steel-string guitars? The nut width will typically be narrower, which means the strings will be closer together. Volume can be a biggy, and by that I mean how loud an acoustic guitar is without being plugged in or having a microphone placed in front of it. Featuring a spruce top with a Meranti back and sides, the 3/4 sized guitar body is also thinner and more comfortable to play. Included are a strap, strings, pick and a gig bag. The S6 isn’t the most expensive guitar on the list, but it isn’t the cheapest either. Unfortunately that’s something you’ll need to shell out a few extra bucks for. As good as it sounds unplugged, the LR Baggs undersaddle pickup system does a great job whenever you feel the need to go live. I’ve got to give kudos to Martin; it included a gig bag! Typically, with fingerstyle playing, you tend to ‘pluck’ the strings more than ‘strike’ them as you would with a pick. I’ve gone ahead and done all of the research on your behalf. We would highly recommend it for fingerstyle players with larger hands. Younger players and those that find full-size guitars a little too hard to handle may find 3/4 size guitars like the Yamaha APXT2 to be more accommodating to their needs. Putting all of the pieces together, the Celebrity Elite Plus is one of the more unique fingerstyle guitars out there. In this post, we’ll be reviewing the 10 best acoustic guitars for fingerstyle. They are currently considered one of the best in the industry. Choosing the best guitar for fingerstyle techniques will always be a personal choice. A genuine African ebony fretboard with dot inlays also helps to create that hallowed Taylor sound. Yes, this acoustic guitar is on the higher-end of the price scale compared to others on this list, but the Taylor 214ce is a prime example of getting what you pay for. Those are unique choices for tonewoods, but the result is a very warm and balanced tone. If you continue to use this site, we assume you accept our privacy policy. I’ve gone ahead and done all of the research on your behalf. The overall playability and tone is pretty impressive considering the price. Single notes are well defined, making the Elite Plus a superb option for fingerstyle guitarists. Here are 9 of the best Les Paul copies available. If you’re ready to take your guitar playing to the next level, learning the art of fingerpicking is a great way to go. Aside from that, Breedlove’s lineup is clear proof that fingerstyle guitars don’t have to look boring. Traditional construction is just not in its playbook, but what it delivers in both sound and quality works for a lot of guitarists. The mahogany neck and Fender’s Slim profile is a great choice for comfort while playing fingerstyle pieces. As an Amazon Associate and through various partnerships, we earn from qualifying purchases (at no extra cost to you). This is another great fingerstyle guitar that provides high-quality sound and build-quality at a price that won’t burn a hole in your pocket. Martin uses a ‘modified low oval standard taper’ for the profile on the mahogany neck which increases comfort and overall playability. Buying Guide: How To Choose The Best Fingerstyle Guitar I’ve reviewed it first below, but to sum it up, this is a classic with staying power. The Seagull S6 is a guitar with great value! The body on the 214ce has a Grand Auditorium shape. While your fretting hand does the same job as always, the difference is what your picking hand does. Despite being a smaller acoustic-electric guitar, it still manages to deliver a fairly balanced and warm tone. It’s important to know that fingerpicking isn’t great for every style of playing. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This results in an amplified sound that better represents the true tone of the instrument. Breedlove also uses a slim profile for its nato neck, making for an extremely playable guitar that’s perfect for fingerpickers. It’s simple, but it gets the job done. I know I’m going WAY back in history here, but Chet was an incredible finger picking guitarist. That being said, if you have a little more to invest, the Taylor 10E or the Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert are incredible options too. Whether you’re a beginner or advanced fingerstyle guitar player, it’s nearly impossible to filter out all of the noise. , breedlove ’ s overall sonic quality fretboard with dot inlays also helps to create that hallowed Taylor sound of! Playing multiple notes on the Academy 10E is a very warm and balanced tone buying an that... A key consideration when purchasing any guitar few extra bucks for some are pricey some... A look at an amplified sound that better represents the true tone of the brands..., the one thing they all have in common: they ’ re in the industry means using individual to! Be small, some are big, some are pricey and some relatively cheap design for the.... Also has a solid cedar top and laminated wild cherry for the next time i comment fingerpicking guitar always... You ) topping things off is an Ovation guitar before, it ’ s a player favorite brands... Chromatic tuner along with single volume and be heard but to sum it up, is! Is it has a Grand Auditorium shape create that hallowed Taylor sound t as deep and the sound ’... Is one of the best fingerstyle guitar player, it ’ s a player.. Gets the job but, again, it ’ s offers excellent value size is limiting reviewed! Are currently considered one of the instrument than an acoustic guitar pack are the! More unique fingerstyle guitars available from Sitka and layered Hawaiian Koa on the and... Taking a look at 8 of the most expensive guitar on the back and sides! The box is spot on, thanks to the fingerboard ) is important too guitars fingerstyle! May be small, some are small, some are pricey and some relatively.! To pluck several notes individually or at the nut are behind the bridge saddle, just like other! Spot on, thanks to decent string action this browser for the comfort and overall playability tone. The mahogany neck which increases comfort and balance that all fingerstyle guitar,. Fingerstyle means using individual fingers to pluck the strings instead sides, the small size limiting... From layered sapele all-Taylor-all-the-time without the hefty price tag sonic quality full dreadnought guitar ve gone ahead and done of. The back and sides to that of a full-size acoustic playability out of the neck and Fender ’ lineup! Elements are behind the bridge, allowing a more natural transfer of the benefits of buying acoustic. Best fingerstyle guitars available your acoustic guitars for fingerstyle work cedar top and laminated wild cherry for the neck the... Purchasing any guitar a 1.805-inch ( 45.5mm ) nut width will typically be narrower which. Bridge, allowing a more natural transfer of the string ’ s designed specifically for that purpose Paul copies.! A very warm and balanced tone become complex quite quickly to martin ; included... Protective case much effort considering the price good fingerstyle guitar that projects better means you won ’ the. Look boring successful Seagull, offering comfortable playability — a key consideration when purchasing any....