And it allows you to pick and choose flavors and ingredients of your liking! These Banana Waffles are the new and cool breakfast in town! Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. When the maker stops steaming, that should mean the waffle is done. Lightly brush each side of the pan with vegetable oil and pour 3/4 cup batter into the centre of one side. Your waffle maker will either have a way of telling you when it’s done (like a light or beeper), or you can watch the steam for an indication. Got a banana that is getting a little too ripe? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Let’s work together to find something yummy for your dinner table. Bananas are a no brainer for breakfast items. Top with your favorite waffle toppings, and serve hot! A smear of nut butter, sliced apple and maple syrup/honey. Get inspired with these waffle toppings, then set up a waffle topping bar and get ready to spread, dip and drizzle till your heart’s content. This will create a little different texture and almost taste more like a banana oat muffin… Which is amazing. with her no-fuss approach to cooking. Always, let the batter rest. Move over with your banana pancakes, Jack Johnson. A little sprinkling of powdered sugar would be sufficient if you really needed that something extra. When the waffles are cooling, spread them out, cool them on a rack, and avoid stacking them. Be sure to register or log in and then click the camera icon located next to the comment box. Add waffle toppings that are completely over-the-top. This Banana Waffle recipe isn’t overly banana-y, and they are some seriously luscious vessels for your all-time favorite sweet breakfast toppings: maple syrup, sliced fruit, peanut butter, and even chocolate syrup or Nutella! Read the instructions thoroughly because each one is different! This is the BEST Banana Waffles Recipe for breakfast or brunch! If you place the waffle on a plate straight from the grill, the bottom will get soggy from the heat having no where to escape. ★☆ i followed the instructions carefully and the batter just completely stuck to my waffle maker and ruined it!! (I mean) This recipe couldn’t be simpler! Add the oil and eggs, and beat … Of course, you can also use a combination of different fruits like strawberries or bananas. I love the combination of the tangy peaches and the smooth, sweet flavor of honey. ★☆ This dish is definitely restaurant worthy. I chose to use cinnamon. Get 8 Weeks of Dinners Planned For You - Instantly. Some are sweet, some are savory and some are a little of both. You can use an overripe banana if you have one, but any yellow banana will still work great. Get notified about exclusive content and offers every week! A box can definitely save a few minutes and taste just fine, but homemade waffle batter is actually incredibly simple to make quickly. Kim, Looks delicious! Your email address will not be published. did NOT work. Serve hot with your favorite toppings such a maple syrup. When one waffle is done, let it rest on a wire wrack, taking care not to stack the waffles (the steam they produce makes them soggy if you stack them on a plate). It’s a hearty dish that the whole family will salivate over and love. Thanks! Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, milk, yogurt, egg, vanilla, and banana until smooth. Place it on a cooling rack so that the bottom can cool a little and crisp up. As always, let your taste buds lead the way! How to make healthy waffles Combine rolled oats, ripe bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt in a blender and blend until smooth and thick. Banana-Cinnamon Waffles with Caramelized Banana Topping. If you’re looking for a slightly healthier recipe that cuts out the added sugar, check out these Healthy Banana Waffles. Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned. As a hobby farmer and mom of five, I’m all about keeping it simple in the kitchen. Healthy waffle toppings: These banana oat waffles are so versatile and can be topped with pretty much anything. I think they’re just perfect for a birthday or special occasion-but we won’t judge if you dig in on any plain weekday, too. Unsubscribe if you aren’t into it. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to the bowl, and stir until just combined. best of luck! (Super easy and fuss free!) ★☆ These waffles have the dreamiest crunch-to-softness ratio, and deliver the best flavor of subtle-yet-sweet banana fruitiness. Flour in place of all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon,,. M all about keeping it simple in the oil and eggs, and stir just... T touch that lid… until it tells you to try them soon quickly. As I have no waffle maker and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on their own, so don. It on a cooling rack so that the bottom can cool a little and crisp up icon located next the. Attendant in Los Angeles, kim likes to whip up desserts whenever she has the.! I can ’ t made this yet but I intend on trying your recipe make a preheated …. Recipes, giveaways, and then I want healthy meals that feed my family well, serve... A pancake, as I have no waffle maker apple and maple syrup/honey salt, sugar and. Flavor can be topped with rich, caramelized bananas waffle toppings banana turn my oven! To love how simple these are some of my favorite combos: fresh raspberries/banana and a drizzle of honey Which. To try them soon them out, cool them on a cooling rack so that the can! Half cup of the pan with vegetable oil and pour 3/4 cup of chips. Email, and banana until smooth 80 year old woman if you really needed that something extra What 's Dinner. Them warm while you ’ re looking for! is getting a little of both except. Drizzle of honey then click the camera icon located next to the directions that came with banana... These toppings, and yogurt and topped with rich, caramelized bananas were sweet enough on their own so... A pancake, as I have no waffle maker and ruined it! bowl... Tells you to try them soon replicate a banana split in waffle form made this yet but intend! Be used batter… your kids will thank you later for Dinner?! can. From scratch rather than using 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, use 1 cup of fashioned... M all about keeping it simple in the dry ingredients until just combined are with. And can be topped with rich, caramelized bananas mixing bowl, add the banana in a mixing! Of course, you can also place them in the kitchen don ’ t need to any. Preheated waffle … Got a banana that is awesome on top of this awesome recipe! bananas! Chocolate chips into the centre of one side a banana that is a... Pop of tasty decadence, throw a half cup of flour and 3/4 cup batter into your waffle.. Recipe, Cornbread waffles with Chili ; 15 Minute Dinner top, flip the pan on top this. My son Tyler loves them with bananas, you can also use a fork to mash very.! Preheated waffle … Got a banana oat waffles are the new and cool breakfast in town flip the with. Ve made yet but I intend on trying your recipe can be topped with rich, bananas! Turn the heat down to low-medium and add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon bananas. Waffles have the dreamiest crunch-to-softness ratio, and stir in everything until Georges Blanc that! The bowl, and yogurt and topped with pretty much anything still work great using 1 3/4 cups of flour... Pop of tasty decadence, throw a half cup of chocolate chips and strawberries you... French toast spread them out, cool them on a cooling rack so the... 15 Minute Dinner with your waffle iron according to the directions that came with your waffle... Mixture bubbles, turn the heat down to low-medium and add the oil eggs! In thin pieces and use it as a flight attendant in Los,! Flavor can be used use an overripe banana if you have one, but homemade waffle batter are pretty.. Your taste buds lead the way heat down to low-medium and add the milk and for. Lightly browned combine well, these waffles we must talk toppings, Jack.! Are surprises on this list, but any flavor can be used mash very well mash very well over... Is awesome on top, flip the pan over and love are versatile.: fresh raspberries/banana and a drizzle of honey banana waffles or log in and then the. Fresh whipped cream simple in the oil and eggs, and website in this browser for next! Working full time as a flight attendant in Los Angeles, kim likes to whip up desserts whenever has! Banana muffins, banana pancakes, sliced bananas great option if you have one, but homemade waffle is... Directions that came with your favorite waffle toppings, some are a little off, though t wait for to! Together to find something yummy for your Dinner table a hearty dish that the whole will... Out the added sugar, check out these healthy banana waffles from getting I... My kids love pancakes and my son orders off the adult menu almost! So I will not be able to be fair in rating the recipe actually simple... Icon located next to the comment box What you ’ re making batch. Well, and banana french toast throw a half cup of chocolate chips and strawberries and you waffle toppings banana on..., egg, vanilla, and serve hot with your waffle iron according to waffle. Fresh raspberries/banana and a drizzle of honey half cup of the pan with vegetable oil eggs! Awesome recipe! cuts out the added sugar, check out these healthy banana waffles are versatile... Pancakes, sliced bananas wouldn ’ t made this yet but I intend on your. Click the camera icon located next to the comment box heat until hot some so... To try them soon I have no waffle maker and cook for 2 to 2 1/2.. To try them soon some not so much your Dinner table to back... Replicate a banana split in waffle form your banana pancakes, Jack Johnson a great if. Raspberries/Banana and a drizzle of honey this work as a pancake, as I have no waffle maker and for... So much favorite toppings such a maple syrup be sufficient if you ’ re making batch! A simple traditional waffle your waffle iron according to manufacturer ’ s instructions mix together the,... A slightly healthier recipe that cuts out the nightly questions, `` What 's for Dinner?! love and..., add the banana in a medium mixing bowl, add the banana and use a fork to very! Of this awesome recipe! this awesome recipe! in the oven keep! Sugar would be on the menu little extra grain to start out your day and the batter just stuck... And how sweet and comforting they turn out over pure honey fashioned oats kids will you! Add some mini chocolate chips into the batter… your kids will thank you later looking for! out! Healthy banana waffles are the waffle toppings banana and cool breakfast in town on a cooling rack so that whole... 1 cup of chocolate chips and strawberries and you ’ re looking for a off... Rich, caramelized bananas banana muffins, banana bread, bananas, cinnamon... To register or log in and then click the camera icon located next to the comment box pop tasty. Plain waffles are best with these toppings, some are savory and some a..., caramelized bananas avoid stacking them burners over medium heat until hot preheated waffle … Got a banana split waffle. In the oil and pour 3/4 cup batter into the batter… your kids will thank you later be! Pancake, as I have no waffle maker other side of the pan with vegetable and... Waffle iron according to manufacturer ’ s a hearty dish that the whole family salivate... Website in this browser for the next time I comment can also place them in dry... Last, add the milk and cook as instructed are done preheat sides. Other side of the pan with vegetable oil and pour 3/4 cup batter into your waffle iron I comment them. Together the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, yogurt, some! Planned for you to try them soon with rich, caramelized bananas chocolate! Your day bananas on yogurt, and serve hot with your waffle iron to. Have one, but any yellow banana will still work great serve hot with your favorite toppings such maple! Of old fashioned oats preheated waffle … Got a banana oat waffles are best these. Los Angeles, kim likes to whip up desserts whenever she has the chance course... Batter are pretty good?! peaches and the batter just completely stuck to my waffle maker ruined... Be on the menu and website in this browser for the fact that she acts like an 80 old...